5 CFR 890.803 - Who may enroll.
(2) The former spouse was enrolled in a health benefits plan under this part as a family member at any time during the 18 months preceding the date of the dissolution of marriage; and
(i) The former spouse currently receives, or has future title to receive (A) a portion of annuity payable to the employee upon retirement based on a qualifying court order for purposes of 5 U.S.C. 8345(j) or 5 U.S.C. 8467; (B) survivor annuity benefits based on a qualifying court order for purposes of 5 U.S.C. 8341(h) or 5 U.S.C. 8445; or (C) a survivor annuity elected by the employee under 5 U.S.C. 8339(j)(3) or 5 U.S.C. 8417(b), including a former spouse who is designated as an insurable interest pursuant to §§ 831.613(a) and (b) and 842.605(a) and (b) of this chapter (or benefits similar to those under this paragraph under another retirement system for Government employees); or
(ii) The former spouse was married to an employee who retired before May 7, 1985, and (A) the employee annuitant elects to provide a survivor annuity to the former spouse under procedures prescribed in § 831.682 of this title; or (B) the former spouse satisfies all of the conditions for a survivor annuity in § 831.683 of this title; or
(iii) The former spouse was married to an employee who died before May 7, 1985, and the employee was eligible for an immediate annuity on or before the date of death, and the former spouse satisfies all of the conditions for a survivor annuity in § 831.683 of this title, or
(iv) The former spouse was married to an employee or former employee of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) for at least 10 years during the employee's CIA service, at least 5 years of which both the employee and the former spouse spent outside the United States, and the marriage was dissolved before May 7, 1985; or,
(v) The former spouse was married to an employee or former employee of the Foreign Service for at least 10 years during the employee's government service, and the marriage was dissolved before May 7, 1985.
(b) Except as contained in paragraphs (a)(3) (iv) and (v) of this section, a former spouse of an employee who separates from Federal service before becoming eligible for immediate annuity is eligible to enroll only if the former spouse's marriage to the employee was dissolved before the employee left Federal service.
(c) If a former spouse cannot apply for benefits on his or her own behalf because of a mental or physical disability, application may be filed by a court-appointed guardian.
Title 5 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 890 after this date.
- 5 CFR 890.808 — Employing Office Responsibilities.
- 5 CFR 890.201 — Minimum Standards for Health Benefits Plans.
- 5 CFR 890.303 — Continuation of Enrollment.
- 5 CFR 890.806 — When Can Former Spouses Change Enrollment or Reenroll and What Are the Effective Dates?
- 5 CFR 890.807 — When Do Enrollments Terminate, Cancel or Suspend?
- 5 CFR 890.804 — Coverage.
- 5 CFR 890.101 — Definitions; Time Computations.
- 5 CFR 890.805 — Application Time Limitations.