50 CFR 13.12 - General information requirements on applications for permits.
(a)General information required for all applications. All applications must contain the following information:
(1) Applicant's full name and address (street address, city, county, state, and zip code; and mailing address if different from street address); home and work telephone numbers; and, if available, a fax number and e-mail address, and:
(i) If the applicant resides or is located outside the United States, an address in the United States, and, if conducting commercial activities, the name and address of his or her agent that is located in the United States; and
(ii) If the applicant is an individual, the date of birth, social security number, if available, occupation, and any business, agency, organizational, or institutional affiliation associated with the wildlife or plants to be covered by the license or permit; or
(iii) If the applicant is a business, corporation, public agency, or institution, the tax identification number; description of the type of business, corporation, agency, or institution; and the name and title of the person responsible for the permit (such as president, principal officer, or director);
(2) Location where the requested permitted activity is to occur or be conducted;
(3) Reference to the part(s) and section(s) of this subchapter B as listed in paragraph (b) of this section under which the application is made for a permit or permits, together with any additional justification, including supporting documentation as required by the referenced part(s) and section(s);
(4) If the requested permitted activity involves the import or re-export of wildlife or plants from or to any foreign country, and the country of origin, or the country of export or re-export restricts the taking, possession, transportation, exportation, or sale of wildlife or plants, documentation as indicated in § 14.52(c) of this subchapter B;
(5) Certification in the following language:
I hereby certify that I have read and am familiar with the regulations contained in title 50, part 13, of the Code of Federal Regulations and the other applicable parts in subchapter B of chapter I of title 50, Code of Federal Regulations, and I further certify that the information submitted in this application for a permit is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false statement herein may subject me to suspension or revocation of this permit and to the criminal penalties of 18 U.S.C. 1001.
(6) Desired effective date of permit except where issuance date is fixed by the part under which the permit is issued;
(8) Signature of the applicant; and
(9) Such other information as the Director determines relevant to the processing of the application, including, but not limited to, information on the environmental effects of the activity consistent with 40 CFR 1506.5 and Departmental procedures at 516 DM 6, Appendix 1.3A.
(b)Additional information required on permit applications. As stated in paragraph (a)(3) of this section, certain additional information is required on all permit applications. For CITES permit applications, see part 23 of this subchapter. Additional information required on applications for other types of permits may be found by referring to the sections of this subchapter cited in the following table:
|Type of permit||Section|
|Importation at nondesignated ports:|
|Marking of package or container:|
|Feather import quota: Importation or entry||15.21|
|Injurious wildlife: Importation or shipment||16.22|
|Endangered wildlife and plant permits:|
|Similarity of appearance||17.52|
|Scientific, enhancement of propagation or survival, incidental taking for wildlife||17.22|
|Scientific, propagation, or survival for plants||17.62|
|Economic hardship for wildlife||17.23|
|Economic hardship for plants||17.63|
|Threatened wildlife and plant permits:|
|Similarity of appearance||17.52|
|General for wildlife||17.32|
|General for plants||17.72|
|Marine mammals permits:|
|Migratory bird permits:|
|Banding or marking||21.22|
|Waterfowl sale and disposal||21.25|
|Raptor propagation permit||21.30|
|Scientific or exhibition||22.21|
|Indian religious use||22.22|
|Depredation and protection of health and safety||22.23|
|Take of golden eagle nests||22.25|
|Eagle take - Associated with but not the purpose of an activity||22.26|
|Eagle nest take||22.27|
|Eagle take - Exempted under ESA||22.28|
- 50 CFR 13.22 — Renewal of Permits.
- 50 CFR 17.52 — Permits - Similarity of Appearance.
- 50 CFR 21.23 — Scientific Collecting Permits.
- 50 CFR 22.23 — What Are the Requirements for Permits to Take Depredating Eagles and Eagles That Pose a Risk to Human or Eagle Health and Safety?
- 50 CFR 21.24 — Taxidermist Permits.
- 50 CFR 22.22 — What Are the Requirements Concerning Permits for Indian Religious Purposes?
- 50 CFR 14.33 — Permits to Import or Export Wildlife at Nondesignated Port to Alleviate Undue Economic Hardship.
- 50 CFR 17.72 — Permits - General.
- 50 CFR 22.21 — What Are the Requirements Concerning Scientific and Exhibition Purpose Permits?
- 50 CFR 17.62 — Permits for Scientific Purposes or for the Enhancement of Propagation or Survival.
- 50 CFR 18.31 — Scientific Research Permits and Public Display Permits.
- 50 CFR 21.30 — Raptor Propagation Permits.
- 50 CFR 15.21 — General Application Procedures.
- 50 CFR 14.31 — Permits to Import or Export Wildlife at Nondesignated Port for Scientific Purposes.
- 50 CFR 17.63 — Economic Hardship Permits.
- 50 CFR 14.93 — How Do I Apply for an Import/Export License?
- 50 CFR 21.26 — Special Canada Goose Permit.
- 50 CFR 22.25 — What Are the Requirements Concerning Permits to Take Golden Eagle Nests?
- 50 CFR 13.29 — Review Procedures.
- 50 CFR 21.27 — Special Purpose Permits.
- 50 CFR 21.22 — Banding or Marking Permits.
- 50 CFR 14.32 — Permits to Import or Export Wildlife at Nondesignated Port to Minimize Deterioration or Loss.
- 50 CFR 21.25 — Waterfowl Sale and Disposal Permits.
- 50 CFR 21.41 — Depredation Permits.