50 CFR 600.1104 - Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands (BSAI) crab species fee payment and collection system.
(a)Purpose. As authorized by Public Law 106-554, this section's purpose is to:
(1) In accordance with § 600.1012 of subpart L, establish:
(b)Definitions. Unless otherwise defined in this section, the terms defined in § 600.1000 of subpart L and § 600.1103 of this subpart expressly apply to this section. The following terms have the following meanings for the purpose of this section:
Crab rationalization crab means the same as in § 680.2 of this chapter.
Crab rationalization fisheries means the same as in § 680.2 of this chapter.
Reduction endorsement fishery means any of the seven fisheries that § 679.2 of this chapter formerly (before adoption of part 680 of this chapter) defined as crab area/species endorsements, except the area/species endorsement for Norton Sound red king. More specifically, the reduction endorsement fisheries, and the crab rationalization fisheries which (after adoption of part 680 of this chapter) correspond to the reduction endorsement fisheries, are:
(2) Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Area C. opilio and C. bairdi (the corresponding crab rationalization fisheries are two separate fisheries, one for Bering Sea snow crab and another for Bering Sea Tanner crab),
(3) Aleutian Islands brown king (the corresponding crab rationalization fisheries are the two separate fisheries, one for Eastern Aleutian Islands golden king crab and another for Western Aleutian Islands golden king crab),
(c)Reduction loan amount. The reduction loan's original principal amount is $97,399,357.11.
(d)Sub-amounts. The sub-amounts are:
(1) For Bristol Bay red king, $17,129,957.23;
(2) For Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands Area C. opilio and C. bairdi, $66,410,767.20;
(3) For Aleutian Islands brown king, $6,380,837.19;
(4) For Aleutian Islands red king, $237,588.04;
(5) For Pribilof red king and Pribilof blue king, $1,571,216.35; and
(6) For St. Matthew blue king, $5,668,991.10.
(g)Repayment term. For the purpose of determining fee rates, the reduction loan's repayment term is 30 years from January 19, 2005, but each fee shall continue indefinitely for as long as necessary to fully repay each subamount.
(h)Reduction loan repayment.
(4) Fish buyers in each reduction endorsement fishery shall in accordance with § 600.1014, deposit and disburse, as well as keep records for and submit reports about, the fees applicable to each such fishery; except the requirements specified under paragraph (c) of this section concerning the deposit principal disbursement shall be made to NMFS not later than the 7th calendar day of each month; and the requirements specified under paragraph (e) of this section concerning annual reports which shall be submitted to NMFS by July 1 of each calendar year; and,
Title 50 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 50 CFR Part 600 after this date.