Jump to navigation
(a) A State fish and wildlife agency certifies the number of paid license holders by responding to the Director's annual request for the following information:
(1) The number of people who have paid licenses to hunt in the State during the State-specified certification period (certification period); and
(2) The number of people who have paid licenses to fish in the State during the certification period.
(b) The agency director or his or her designee:
(1) Must certify the information at paragraph (a) of this section in the format that the Director specifies;
(2) Must provide documentation to support the accuracy of this information at the Director's request;
(3) Is responsible for eliminating multiple counting of the same individuals in the information that he or she certifies; and
(4) May use statistical sampling, automated record consolidation, or other techniques approved by the Director for this purpose.
(c) If an agency director uses statistical sampling to eliminate multiple counting of the same individuals, he or she must ensure that the sampling is complete by the earlier of the following:
(1) Five years after the last statistical sample; or
(2) Before completing the first certification following any change in the licensing system that could affect the number of license holders.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.
This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].
It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.
§ 669 - Cooperation of Secretary of the Interior with States; conditions
§ 669a - Definitions
§ 669b - Authorization of appropriations
§ 669c - Allocation and apportionment of available amounts
§ 669d - Apportionment; certification to States and Secretary of the Treasury; acceptance by States; disposition of funds not accepted
§ 669e - Submission and approval of plans and projects
§ 669f - Payment of funds to States; laws governing construction and labor
§ 669g - Maintenance of projects; expenditures for management of wildlife areas and resources
§ 669h - Requirements and restrictions concerning use of amounts for expenses for administration
§ 669i - Rules and regulations
§ 669j - Repealed. Aug. 7, 1946, ch. 770, § 1(14), 60 Stat. 867
§ 669k - Reports and certifications
§ 777 - Federal-State relationships
§ 777a - Definitions
§ 777b - Authorization of appropriations
§ 777c - Division of annual appropriations
§ 777d - Certification of funds deducted for expenses and amounts apportioned to States
§ 777e - Submission and approval of plans and projects
§ 777g - Maintenance of projects
§ 777n - Repealed. Pub. L. 114–94, div. A, title X, § 10001(g)(1), Dec. 4, 2015, 129 Stat. 1621
Title 50 published on 10-May-2017 04:10
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 50 CFR Part 80 after this date.
The Fish and Wildlife Service published a final rule in the Federal Register on August 1, 2011 (76 FR 46150). We included in this final rule a combined symbol to use when referring to both the Wildlife Restoration and the Sport Fish Restoration programs together. The language around the symbol is in reverse order, and this document corrects the error.
We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), are updating the addresses of our headquarters offices in our regulations. The Service will relocate its headquarters offices on July 28, 2014. We are taking this action to ensure regulated entities and the general public have accurate contact information for the Service's offices.
We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), are updating the names and addresses of our regional offices in our regulations at title 50 of the Code of Federal Regulations. We are also making other revisions to our regulations, such as updating the names and phone numbers of certain other Service offices. We are taking these actions to ensure regulated entities and the general public have accurate contact information for the Service's offices.