7 CFR 1437.202 - Determining payments for prevented planting.
(a) Subject to limitations, availability of funds, and specific provisions dealing with specific crops, a payment for prevented planting will be determined by:
(1) Adding the total planted and prevented-planted acres;
(2) Multiplying the sum of paragraph (a)(1) of this section by .35;
(3) Subtracting the product of paragraph (a)(2) of this section from the total prevented planted acres;
(4) Multiplying the producer's share by the approved yield by the positive result of paragraph (a)(3) of this section;
(5) Multiplying the producer's share by the assigned production;
(7) Multiplying the result of paragraph (a)(6) of this section by 55 or 100 percent, as selected by the producer as specified in § 1437.5, of the final payment price calculated under § 1437.12.
(b) Yields for purposes of paragraph (a) of this section will be calculated in the same manner as for low-yield claims.