7 CFR 246.20 - Audits.
(a)Federal audit responsibilities.
(1) OIG reserves the right to perform audits of State and local agencies and other organizations involved in the Program as determined by OIG to be necessary. In performing such audits, OIG will rely to the extent feasible on audit work performed by other Federal and non-Federal auditors.
(2) The State agency may take exception to particular audit findings and recommendations. The State agency shall submit a response or statement to FNS as to the action taken or a proposed corrective action plan regarding the findings. A proposed corrective action plan developed and submitted by the State agency shall include specific timeframes for its implementation and for completion of correction of deficiencies and their causes.
(3) FNS will determine whether Program deficiencies have been adequately corrected. If additional corrective action is necessary, FNS shall schedule a follow-up review, allowing a reasonable time for such corrective action to be taken.
(b)State audit responsibilities.
(1) State agencies must obtain annual audits in accordance with part 3052 of this title. In addition, States must require local agencies under their jurisdiction to obtain audits in accordance with 2 CFR part 200, subpart F and Appendix XI, Compliance Supplement and USDA implementing regulations 2 CFR part 400 and part 415.
(2) Each State agency shall make all State or local agency sponsored audit reports of Program operations under its jurisdiction available for the Department's review upon request. The cost of these audits shall be considered a part of nutrition services and administration costs and may be funded from the State or local agency nutrition services and administration funds, as appropriate. For purposes of determining the Program's pro rata share of indirect costs associated with organization-wide audits, the cost of food shall not be considered in the total dollar amount of the Program.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 246 after this date.