7 CFR 4280.112 - Applicant eligibility.
To receive a RES or EEI grant under this subpart, an Applicant must meet the requirements specified in paragraphs (a) through (e) of this section. If an award is made to an Applicant, that Applicant (grantee) must continue to meet the requirements specified in this section. If the grantee does not, then grant funds may be recovered from the grantee by the Agency in accordance with Departmental Regulations.
(b)Ownership and control. The Applicant must:
(1) Own or be the prospective owner of the project; and
(c)Revenues and expenses. The Applicant must have available at the time of application satisfactory sources of revenue in an amount sufficient to provide for the operation, management, maintenance, and any debt service of the project for the useful life of the project. In addition, the Applicant must control the revenues and expenses of the project, including its operation and maintenance, for which the assistance is sought. Notwithstanding the provisions of this paragraph, the Applicant may employ a Qualified Consultant under contract to manage revenues and expenses of the project and its operation and/or maintenance.
(d)Legal authority and responsibility. Each Applicant must have the legal authority necessary to apply for and carry out the purpose of the grant.
(1) Be registered in the SAM prior to submitting an application;
(3) Provide its Dun and Bradstreet Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number in each application it submits to the Agency. Generally, the DUNS number is included on Standard Form-424, “Application for Federal Assistance”.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 4280 after this date.
- 7 CFR 4280.165 — Combined Grant and Guaranteed Loan Funding Requirements.
- 7 CFR 4280.127 — Borrower Eligibility.
- 7 CFR 4280.119 — Grant Applications for Res and Eei Projects With Total Project Costs of $80,000 or Less.
- 7 CFR 4280.115 — Grant Applications - General.
- 7 CFR 4280.118 — Grant Applications for RES and EEI Projects With Total Project Costs of Less Than $200,000, but More Than $80,000.
- 7 CFR 4280.102 — Organization of Subpart.