7 CFR 932.130 - Public member and alternate public member eligibility requirements and nomination procedures.
(a) Eligibility requirements.
(1) The public member and alternate public member shall not be a producer, handler, or family member (husband, wife, son or daughter) of a producer or handler of olives and shall have no direct financial interest in, nor be engaged in, the commercial production, marketing, buying, grading or processing of olives; nor shall they be either an officer, director, or employee, or family member of an officer, director, or employee of any firm engaged in such activities.
(2) The public member and alternate public member should be able to devote sufficient time and must express a willingness to attend subcommittee and committee activities regularly and to familiarize themselves with the background and economics of the olive industry.
(3) The public member and alternate public member must be residents of California.
(b) Nomination procedures.
(1) Prior to April 16 of the year in which nominations are made, the Committee will recommend to the Secretary a public member and alternate public member for the Committee for a two-year term of office beginning June 1 and ending May 31 of odd numbered years.
(2) The Committee will solicit, interview and recommend to the Secretary its nominees for public member and alternate public member.
(3) A majority vote is required in Committee actions concerning the nomination of the public member and alternate public member.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 932 after this date.