9 CFR § 500.3 - Withholding action or suspension without prior notification.
(a) FSIS may take a withholding action or impose a suspension without providing the establishment prior notification because:
(2) The establishment does not have a HACCP plan as specified in § 417.2 of this chapter;
(4) Sanitary conditions are such that products in the establishment are or would be rendered adulterated;
(5) The establishment violated the terms of a regulatory control action;
(6) An establishment operator, officer, employee, or agent assaulted, threatened to assault, intimidated, or interfered with an FSIS employee; or
(7) The establishment did not destroy a condemned meat or poultry carcass, or part or product thereof, or egg product, that has been found to be adulterated and that has not been reprocessed, in accordance with part 314 or part 381, subpart L, or part 590 of this chapter within three days of notification.
(b) FSIS also may impose a suspension without providing the establishment prior notification because the establishment is handling or slaughtering animals inhumanely.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.