Sec. 12 AAC 52.150 - Proof of licensure for individual pharmacists working for tribal health programs

ยง 12 AAC 52.150. Proof of licensure for individual pharmacists working for tribal health programs

(a) A pharmacist who engages in the practice of pharmacy in a tribal health program in this state and who is not licensed by the board must provide the board notice that they are practicing under another license in accordance with 25 U.S.C. 162 It (sec. 221, Indian Health Care Improvement Act). Notice required under this section must be received no later than 30 days after an individual begins working at a tribal health program in this state, and must include

(1) a completed Alaska state pharmacist license exemption form provided by the department;

(2) a certified true copy of a current, valid pharmacist license in good standing from another jurisdiction; and

(A) proof of employment by a tribal health program that is operating under an agreement with the federal Indian Health Service under 25 U.S.C. 450-458ddd-2 (Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act); or

(B) proof of status as an independent contractor, including a copy of the contract, if the out-of-state pharmacist is working for the tribal health program as an independent contractor.

(b) A pharmacist practicing under the exemption may not practice beyond the scope of the other state license.

(c) The licensing exemption does not extend to services provided to non-tribal health programs. In addition, an out-of-state licensed pharmacist working outside the scope of the individual's contracted employment with a tribal health program must apply for licensure as a pharmacist in accordance with AS 08.80.

(Eff. 10/31/2019, Register 232, January 2020)

Authority:AS 08.80.003

AS 08.80.005

AS 08.80.030

The following state regulations pages link to this page.