Ariz. Admin. Code § R6-13-102 - Definitions
Current through Register Vol. 48, No. 14, April 8, 2022
The following definitions apply to this Chapter:
1. "Administration" means the Family Assistance Administration of the Department.
2. "Adverse action" means that the Department has:
a. Denied an application for assistance,
b. Failed to take action to approve or deny an application within 30 days of the application file date,
c. Terminated or reduced assistance,
d. Determined that it overpaid a Tuberculosis Control (TC) payment recipient, or
e. Denied a request for a waiver of an overpayment.
3. "Applicant" means a person who has directly or through a representative filed an application for TC payments with the Department.
4. "Assistance unit" means a group of persons whose needs, income, resources, and other circumstances the Department considers as a whole for the purpose of determining eligibility and benefit amount for Tuberculosis Control payments.
5. "CA" or "Cash Assistance" means temporary assistance for needy families paid to a recipient for the purpose of meeting basic living expenses under A.R.S. § 46-291 et seq.
6. "Collateral verification" means the use of an agency, organization, or qualified individual who has knowledge of the requested eligibility information, and who the Department may use as a collateral contact when requested to do so or when documented verification is not available to the applicant.
7. "Countable income" means income from every source minus income excluded under R6-13-118.
8. "Department" means the Arizona Department of Economic Security.
9. "FAA" or "Family Assistance Administration" means the administration within the Department's Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility responsible for providing financial and nutrition assistance to eligible persons and determining eligibility for medical assistance.
10. "FAA Manual" means the policies and procedures used to determine an assistance unit's eligibility for TC payments.
11. "Homestead property" has the same meaning as A.R.S. § 46-101(14).
12. "In-kind income" means the value of goods or services received for work in lieu of the receipt of wages.
13. "Legal claim for support or care" means that the recipient has a duty under the law to look after or provide financially for the person with the legal claim for support or care.
14. "Lump-sum payment" means a single payment, such as retroactive monthly Social Security or other benefits, nonrecurring pay adjustments or bonuses, inheritances, lottery winnings, or personal injury and workers' compensation awards.
15. "Notice of adverse action" means a written notice sent to a recipient when the Department takes adverse action under R6-13-141.
16. "Office of Appeals" means the Department's independent, quasi-judicial, administrative hearing body that includes hearing officers appointed under A.R.S. § 41-1992(A).
17. "Recipient" means a person who receives TC payments.
18. "Resources" means the assistance unit's real and personal property and liquid assets.
19. "TC" means Tuberculosis Control, a program administered by the Department that provides monetary assistance to an assistance unit that includes an adult who is certified by the state Tuberculosis Control Officer to have active tuberculosis or suspected tuberculosis, and that satisfies the eligibility requirements in this Article.
20. "Vendor payment" means a payment from a person or organization that is not a member of an assistance unit to a third party to cover an assistance unit's expenses.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.