Haw. Code R. § 15-24-4 - Relocation payments

Current through February, 2022

Except as provided as optional payments in §§ 15-24-6, 15-24-21 and 15-24-28, any person displaced by any governmental agency shall be entitled to receive a payment for actual reasonable moving expenses, supported by a receipted bill or other evidences of expenses incurred. The distance of the move shall not exceed fifty miles measured in a straight line. There is no occupancy time limit for eligibility for moving expense payments. Where it is shown to be in the public interest, the executive director may give prior approval to more than one move of a displaced person. In order to obtain a moving expense payment, a displaced person shall file written claim with the displacing governmental agency on a form provided by the authority. By written prearrangement among the displacing governmental agency, the displaced person, and the mover, the displaced person may present an unpaid moving bill to the displacing governmental agency and the agency may pay the mover directly. The agency may enter into a contract with independent movers on a scheduled basis and furnish a displaced person with a list of movers to choose from to move the person's property. In such instances, the displacing governmental agency shall pay the mover.


Haw. Code R. § 15-24-4
[Eff 2/11/91] (Auth: HRS §§ 206E-4, 206E-10.5) (Imp: HRS §§ 206E-4, 206E-10.5)
§ 15-24-4 is based substantially upon § 15-18-3. [Eff 9/22/84; am 5/11/85; R 2/11/91]

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.