Ohio Admin. Code 901:2-2-04 - Withholding action or suspension
Current through all regulations passed and filed through March 11, 2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 918.04
Rule Amplifies: 918.08, 918.28
Prior Effective Dates: 02/04/2002, 10/8/07
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 901:2-2-04. Withholding action or suspension
(A) The department may take a withholding action or impose a suspension without providing the establishment prior written notification when any of the following occur:
(1) The establishment produced or shipped adulterated or misbranded product as defined in section 918.01 of the Revised Code;
(2) The establishment does not have a HACCP plan that complies with the requirements of 9 C.F.R. 417.2;
(4) Sanitary conditions are such that products in the establishment are or may be rendered adulterated;
(5) The establishment violated the terms of a regulatory control action;
(6) An establishment operator, officer, employee, or agent assaulted, threatened to assault, intimidated, or interfered with a department employee;
(7) The establishment did not destroy a condemned meat or poultry carcass, or part or product thereof, in accordance with either 9 C.F.R. 314 or 9 C.F.R. 381, subpart L, within three days of notification; or
(8) The establishment handled or slaughtered animals in an inhumane manner as defined in 9 C.F.R. 301.2.
(B) The department may take a withholding action or impose a suspension after an establishment is provided prior written notification and the opportunity to demonstrate or achieve compliance when any of the following occur:
(1) The HACCP system is inadequate, as specified in 9 C.F.R. 417.6, due to multiple or recurring noncompliances;
(4) The establishment failed to pay for service or its license renewal;
(6) The establishment did not meet the salmonella performance standard requirements prescribed in 9 C.F.R. 310.25(b) .
(C) An establishment may request a voluntary suspension of their inspection license. This request must be made to the department during any time the facility is not in operation. The department shall provide the establishment with a copy of a completed voluntary suspension form.
The establishment shall not resume operation until the department has inspected the facility and the establishment's license has been reinstated. The establishment shall make a request for inspection to the department not less than fourteen days from the date the establishment is to resume operation.(Effective: 3/19/2016 Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/15/2015 and 03/19/2021 Promulgated Under: 119.03 Statutory Authority: 918.04 Rule Amplifies: 918.08, 918.28 Prior Effective Dates: 02/04/2002, 10/8/07)