Or. Admin. R. 735-020-0080 - Notice of Transfer of Interest in a Vehicle
(1) This rule specifies the requirements for a notice of transfer of interest in a vehicle covered by an Oregon title, under ORS 803.112 and 803.117, and when DMV will provide a receipt that the notice has been submitted.
(2) Notice submitted under ORS 803.112 and 803.117 must contain the following information:
(a) The vehicle identification number (VIN);
(b) The full name of the person who transferred an interest in the vehicle (seller/transferor); and
(c) The full name of the transferee (new owner/buyer).
(3) Notice meeting the requirements of section (2) of this rule must be submitted to DMV:
(a) In writing, and includes a Notice of Sale or Transfer of a Vehicle form (DMV Form 6890), a completed seller notice on the back of the vehicle's registration card or any other written document that contains the required information. Written notice may be delivered to any DMV office or mailed to DMV Headquarters; or
(b) Electronically, through DMV's website, as set forth in OAR 735-018-0120.
(4) At DMV's discretion, notice meeting the requirements of section (2) of this rule may be faxed, submitted by telephone, or provided verbally in a DMV office.
(5) For purposes of ORS 803.112, notice meeting the requirements of sections (2) and (3) of this rule must be submitted within 10 days of the date of a transfer of interest in the vehicle.
(6) DMV will provide a receipt showing a notice as described in sections (2) and (3) of this rule has been submitted to DMV:
(a) At the request of a person who submits the notice in-person at a DMV field office; or
(b) Electronically, if the notice is submitted as set forth in OAR 735-018-0120 and the electronic submission is successfully completed.
(7) DMV will not provide a receipt showing a notice as described in sections (2) and (3) of this rule has been submitted to DMV, if the notice is mailed or faxed to DMV or submitted to DMV by telephone.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 184.619, 802.010, 803.112, 803.113 & 803.117
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 803.112, 803.113 & 803.117
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.