333-031-0002 - Definitions
As used in these rules 333-031-0002 to 333-031-0085, unless otherwise required by context:
(1) "Administrator" means the Assistant Director for the Public Health Division.
(2) "Approval or Approved" means approved in writing.
(3) "Camping Space" means an area of ground within a recreation park intended for the accommodation of a recreational vehicle, camping vehicle, tent vehicle, tent or other individual camping unit on a temporary basis.
(4) "Camping Vehicle" means either a vacation trailer or a self-propelled vehicle or structure equipped with wheels for highway use and which is intended for human occupancy and is being used for vacation and recreational purposes, but not for residential purposes, and is equipped with plumbing, sink or toilet.
(5) "Campground" provides facilities and space for tents, tent vehicles, camping vehicles, or recreational vehicles.
(6) "Division" means the Public Health Division of the Oregon Health Authority.
(7) "Hostel" means an establishment having beds rented or kept for rent on a daily or weekly basis to travelers for a charge or fee paid or to be paid for rental or use of facilities and which are operated, managed or maintained under the sponsorship of a non-profit organization which holds a valid exemption from federal income taxes under 26 USC Sec. 501.
(8) "Organizational Camp" includes any area designated by the person establishing, operating, managing or maintaining the same for recreational use by groups or organizations which include but are not limited to youth camps, scout camps, summer camps, day camps, nature camps, survival camps, athletic camps, camps which are operated and maintained under the guidance, supervision or auspices of religious, public and private educational systems and community service organizations. Organizational camps are distinguished from recreation parks by the existence of organized group activities comprising the majority of activities by all participants rather than individual and family recreation.
(9) "Overnight Camping" means the activity of using a camping space for overnight accommodation.
(10) "Permanently affixed thereto" as used in these rules includes but is not limited to affixation as evidenced by: permanent water, sewer, and electrical connections; wheels removed; permanent foundations; or towing assembly removed.
(11) "Picnic Park" means any recreation park which is for day use only and provides no recreation vehicle or overnight camping spaces.
(12) "Recreation Park" means any area designated by the person establishing, operating, managing or maintaining the same for picnicking or overnight camping by the general public or any segment of the public. "Recreation park" includes but is not limited to area open to use free of charge or through payment of a tax or fee or by virtue of rental, lease, license, membership, association or common ownership and further includes, but is not limited to those areas divided into two or more lots, parcels, units or other interests for purposes of such use. "Recreation park" excludes sites that have units for human occupancy permanently affixed thereto but includes an area that has camping spaces available to be moved onto for transitory use.
(13) "Recreational Vehicle" means a camping vehicle.
(14) "Tent Vehicle" is any camping vehicle intended for overnight occupancy but not equipped with plumbing, sink, or toilet.
(15) "Tourist Facility" means any travelers' accommodation, hostel, picnic park, recreation park and organizational camp.
(16) "Travelers' Accommodation" includes any establishment, which is not a hostel, having rooms, apartments or sleeping facilities rented or kept for rent on a daily or weekly basis to travelers or transients for a charge or fee paid or to be paid for rental or use of facilities.
(17) "Unregulated Small Drinking Water System" means a facility licensed under the authority of these rules that is not regulated under OAR 333-061, Public Water Systems. These systems must comply with the requirements of OAR 333-031-0004.(HB 129, f. 12-3-59; HB 231, f. 12-22-69; HD 7-1985(Temp), f. & ef. 4-30-85; HD 27-1985, f. & ef. 10-28-85; HD 18-1987(Temp), f. & ef. 10-22-87; HD 7-1988, f. & cert. ef. 4-18-88; PH 1-2005, f. & cert. ef. 1-14-05)
Stat. Auth.: ORS 446.330
Stats. Implemented: ORS 446.330
The following state regulations pages link to this page.