R277-104-2 - Definitions
(1) "ADA" means the Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 U.S.C. 12201, including the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Pub. L. No. 110-325, which provides that no qualified individual with a disability, by reason of such disability, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of the services, programs, or activities of a public entity, or be subjected to discrimination.
(2) "Days" means calendar days.
(3) "Disability" means, with respect to an individual disability, a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of such an individual as defined in the ADA.
(4) "Major life activities" mean functions such as caring for one's self, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning, and working.
(5) "Individual with a disability" or "individual" means a person who has a disability which limits one of his major life activities and who meets the essential eligibility requirement for the receipt of services or the participation in programs or activities.(Amended by Utah State Bulletin Number 2018-15, effective 7/9/2018)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.