Utah Admin. Code R414-60B-4 - Service Coverage
Current through Bulletin 2022-07, April 1, 2022
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
(1) Upon the recommendation of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee, DMHF pharmacy staff select the therapeutic classes and select the most clinically effective and cost effective drug or drugs within each class.
(2) The prescriber must obtain prior authorization from the Department to dispense drugs designated as "non-preferred" in each class, through the Department's current prior authorization system. Criteria for a Non-preferred Prior Authorization (NPA) is established by the Department in consultation with the P&T Committee.
(3) A prior authorization is not placed on any preferred drugs under Section R414-60B-4. Nevertheless, a prior authorization may apply if set by the Drug Utilization Review Board (DURB).
(4) For NPA requests submitted during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., the prior authorization system shall provide either telephone or fax approval or denial within 24 hours of the receipt of the request.
(5) In an emergency situation for a prior authorization needed outside of normal business hours, a 72-hour supply of a non-preferred drug may be dispensed and the Department shall issue an NPA for the 72-hour supply on the next business day. Further quantity requests shall be subject to all NPA requirements.