Utah Admin. Code R426-4-400 - Licensed Ground Ambulance, Designated QRU Provider, and Designated Nonemergency Secured Behavioral Health Transport Operations
(1) Each licensed ground ambulance provider or designated QRU provider shall notify the Department of the permanent location of its ground ambulances and QRVs. The licensed ground EMS provider or designated QRU provider shall notify the Department in writing whenever it changes the permanent location for any permitted vehicles.
(2) Each licensed ground ambulance provider, designated QRU provider, or designated nonemergency secured behavioral health transport provider shall maintain each operational permitted vehicle on a premise suitable to make it available for immediate use, in good mechanical repair, properly equipped, and in a sanitary condition.
(3) Each licensed ground ambulance provider or designated provider shall maintain each operational vehicle in a clean condition with the interior being thoroughly cleaned after each use in accordance with OSHA standards and the provider's exposure control plan.
(4) Each licensed ground ambulance provider or designated provider shall equip each operational vehicle with adult and child safety restraints. To the point practicable and feasible, all occupants shall be safely restrained during operation.
(5) Each licensed ground ambulance provider or designated QRU provider shall assure that each emergency vehicle operator who may drive the emergency vehicle:
(a) is at least 18 years of age;
(b) possesses a valid driver license;
(c) successfully passed the provider's criminal background check within the prior four years; and
(d) successfully completed a department approved emergency vehicle operator's course or refresher course within the past two years.
(6) The Department shall verify annually that licensed ground ambulance providers or designated providers are in compliance with this requirement.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.