Utah Admin. Code R657-20-25 - Falconry Meets or Trials
Current through Bulletin No. 2021-18, September 15, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
(1) Falconers participating in falconry meets or trials must possess a valid falconry license and federal falconry permit, if applicable.
(2) A falconry meet license is not required for participation in a falconry trial.
(3) A falconry meet or trial may not be held on state waterfowl and wildlife management areas from April 1 through August 15, except in those areas approved by the Division Director or designee.
(4) An organizer of a falconry meet must obtain prior approval from the Division Director or designee to hold a falconry meet in Utah by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(5) A nonresident entering Utah to participate in the sport of falconry at an organized meet must be 12 years of age or older and must obtain a nonresident falconry meet license or non-resident hunting license, if hunting protected wildlife.
(6) A non-resident falconry meet license may be obtained by completing an application and submitting the application and appropriate fees to the Division.
(7) A non-resident falconry meet license is valid only for nonresidents and only for ten (10) consecutive calendar days as designated on the license.
(8) The holder of a nonresident falconry meet license may engage in the sport of falconry on protected wildlife during the specified ten (10) day period in accordance with the provisions of this rule.
(9) A nonresident participating in an organized meet must meet the importation requirements in R657-20-24 for each raptor brought into the state.