Any regulations prescribed under paragraph (1) may contain classifications and differentiations, and may provide for adjustments and exceptions for any class of transactions, as the Bureau considers appropriate.
15 U.S. Code § 1667f. Regulations
(a) Regulations authorized
(1) In generalThe Bureau shall prescribe regulations to update and clarify the requirements and definitions applicable to lease disclosures and contracts, and any other issues specifically related to consumer leasing, to the extent that the Bureau determines such action to be necessary—
to facilitate compliance with the requirements of the  part.
(2) Classifications, adjustments
(b) Model disclosure
(2) Use of automated equipment
(3) Use optional
Effective Date of 2010 Amendment
Section 2605(b)(2) of div. A of Pub. L. 104–208 provided that:
Any regulation of the Board, or any amendment or interpretation of any regulation of the Board issued pursuant to section 187 of the Truth in Lending Act [15 U.S.C. 1667f] (as added by paragraph (1) of this subsection), shall become effective on the first October 1 that follows the date of promulgation of that regulation, amendment, or interpretation by not less than 6 months.
The Board may, at the discretion of the Board, extend the time period referred to in subparagraph (A) in accordance with subparagraph (C), to permit lessors to adjust their disclosure forms to accommodate the requirements of section 127  of the Truth in Lending Act (as added by paragraph (1) of this subsection).
“(D)Compliance before effective date.—
Congressional Findings and Declaration of Purposes
Section 2605(a) of div. A of Pub. L. 104–208 provided that:
“(1)Findings.—The Congress finds that—
the informed use of leasing results from an awareness of the cost of leasing by consumers; and
there has been a continued trend toward leasing automobiles and other durable goods for consumer use as an alternative to installment credit sales and that leasing product advances have occurred such that lessors have been unable to provide consistent industry-wide disclosures to fully account for the competitive progress that has occurred.
“(2)Purposes.—The purposes of this section are—
to provide for adequate cost disclosures that reflect the marketplace without impairing competition and the development of new leasing products; and
“(C) to provide the Board with the regulatory authority to assure a simplified, meaningful definition and disclosure of the terms of certain leases of personal property for personal, family, or household purposes so as to—
enable comparison of lease terms with credit terms, as appropriate; and
assure meaningful and accurate disclosures of lease terms in advertisements.”
 So in original. Probably should be “this”.
- Bank and Savings Association Holding Company and Depository Institution Regulatory Improvements Act of 2010
- Departments of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1997
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1997