15 U.S. Code § 2921 - Definitions
prev | next
As used in this chapter, the term—
(1) “Committee” means the Committee on Earth and Environmental Sciences established under section 2932 of this title;
(3) “global change” means changes in the global environment (including alterations in climate, land productivity, oceans or other water resources, atmospheric chemistry, and ecological systems) that may alter the capacity of the Earth to sustain life;
(4) “global change research” means study, monitoring, assessment, prediction, and information management activities to describe and understand—
(A) the interactive physical, chemical, and biological processes that regulate the total Earth system;
(5) “Plan” means the National Global Change Research Plan developed under section 2934 of this title, or any revision thereof; and
(6) “Program” means the United States Global Change Research Program established under section 2933 of this title.
Source(Pub. L. 101–606, § 2,Nov. 16, 1990, 104 Stat. 3096.)
Pub. L. 101–606, § 1,Nov. 16, 1990, 104 Stat. 3096, provided that: “This Act [enacting this chapter] may be cited as the ‘Global Change Research Act of 1990’.”
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.