16 U.S. Code § 582a–6 - Scope of forestry research
prev | next
The term “forestry research” as used in this subchapter shall include investigations relating to:
(1) Reforestation and management of land for the production of crops of timber and other related products of the forest;
(2) management of forest and related watershed lands to improve conditions of waterflow and to protect resources against floods and erosion;
(3) management of forest and related rangeland for production of forage for domestic livestock and game and improvement of food and habitat for wildlife;
(5) protection of forest land and resources against fire, insects, diseases, or other destructive agents;
(7) development of sound policies for the management of forest lands and the harvesting and marketing of forest products; and
(8) such other studies as may be necessary to obtain the fullest and most effective use of forest resources.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.