20 U.S. Code § 4702 - Definitions
In this chapter:
(1) The term “Foundation” means the Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation established under section 4703 (a) of this title.
(2) The term “Board” means the Board of Trustees of the Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation established under section 4703 (b) of this title.
(3) The term “fund” means the Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Fund provided for under section 4707 of this title.
(4) The term “institution of higher education” means any such institution as defined in section 1001 of this title.
(5) The term “State” means each of the several States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and, considered as a single entity, Guam, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, the Trust Territories of the Pacific Islands, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas.
Source(Pub. L. 99–661, div. A, title XIV, § 1403,Nov. 14, 1986, 100 Stat. 4008; Pub. L. 105–244, title I, § 102(a)(6)(H),Oct. 7, 1998, 112 Stat. 1618.)
Effective Date of 1998 Amendment
Amendment by Pub. L. 105–244effective Oct. 1, 1998, except as otherwise provided in Pub. L. 105–244, see section 3 ofPub. L. 105–244, set out as a note under section 1001 of this title.
Termination of Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.