20 U.S. Code Subchapter VIII - GENERAL PROVISIONS
- PART A - Definitions (§§ 7801 to 7803)
- PART B - Flexibility in the Use of Administrative and Other Funds (§§ 7821 to 7825)
- PART C - Coordination of Programs; Consolidated State and Local Plans and Applications (§§ 7841 to 7846)
- PART D - Waivers (§ 7861)
- PART E - Approval and Disapproval of State Plans and Local Applications (§§ 7871 to 7872)
- PART F - Uniform Provisions (§§ 7881 to 7974)
- PART G - Evaluations (§ 7981)
Title VIII of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, comprising this subchapter, was originally enacted as part of Pub. L. 89–10, Apr. 11, 1965, 79 Stat. 27, and subsequently revised, restated, redesignated, and amended by other public laws. Title VIII is shown, herein, as having been added as title IX of Pub. L. 89–10 by Pub. L. 107–110, title IX, § 901, Jan. 8, 2002, 115 Stat. 1956, without reference to earlier amendments because of the extensive revision of the title’s provisions by Pub. L. 107–110. Title IX of Pub. L. 89–10 was subsequently redesignated title VIII by Pub. L. 114–95, title VIII, § 8001(a), Dec. 10, 2015, 129 Stat. 2088, and transferred to this subchapter. See Codification note preceding section 6301 of this title.
A prior title VIII of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, comprising former subchapter VIII (§ 7701 et seq.) of this chapter, was redesignated title VII of the Act by Pub. L. 114–95, title VII, § 7001(c), Dec. 10, 2015, 129 Stat. 2074, and transferred to subchapter VII (§ 7701 et seq.) of this chapter.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.