28 U.S. Code § 105 - Missouri
Missouri is divided into two judicial districts to be known as the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri.
(a) The Eastern District comprises three divisions.
(1) The Eastern Division comprises the counties of Crawford, Dent, Franklin, Gasconade, Jefferson, Lincoln, Maries, Phelps, Saint Charles, Saint Francois, Saint Louis, Warren, and Washington, and the city of Saint Louis.
Court for the Eastern Division shall be held at Saint Louis.
(2) The Northern Division comprises the counties of Adair, Audrain, Chariton, Clark, Knox, Lewis, Linn, Macon, Marion, Monroe, Montgomery, Pike, Ralls, Randolph, Schuyler, Scotland, and Shelby.
Court for the Northern Division shall be held at Hannibal.
(3) The Southeastern Division comprises the counties of Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Dunklin, Iron, Madison, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Perry, Reynolds, Ripley, Saint Genevieve, Scott, Shannon, Stoddard, and Wayne.
Court for the Southeastern Division shall be held at Cape Girardeau.
(b) The Western District comprises five divisions.
(1) The Western Division comprises the counties of Bates, Carroll, Cass, Clay, Henry, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Ray, Saint Clair, and Saline.
Court for the Western Division shall be held at Kansas City.
(2) The Southwestern Division comprises the counties of Barton, Barry, Jasper, Lawrence, McDonald, Newton, Stone, and Vernon.
Court for the Southwestern Division shall be held at Joplin.
(3) The Saint Joseph Division comprises the counties of Andrew, Atchison, Buchanan, Caldwell, Clinton, Daviess, De Kalb, Gentry, Grundy, Harrison, Holt, Livingston, Mercer, Nodaway, Platte, Putnam, Sullivan, and Worth.
Court for the Saint Joseph Division shall be held at Saint Joseph.
(4) The Central Division comprises the counties of Benton, Boone, Callaway, Camden, Cole, Cooper, Hickory, Howard, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Osage, and Pettis.
Court for the Central Division shall be held at Jefferson City.
(5) The Southern Division comprises the counties of Cedar, Christian, Dade, Dallas, Douglas, Greene, Howell, Laclede, Oregon, Ozark, Polk, Pulaski, Taney, Texas, Webster, and Wright.
Court for the Southern Division shall be held at Springfield.
Provisions for furnishing rooms and accommodations at Chillicothe were omitted as obsolete upon advice of Director of the Administrative Office of the United States Courts that Federal accommodations are now available in such place.
“Rolla” was omitted as a place for holding court in the Eastern Division of the Eastern District, and the provision for furnishing quarters there without cost to the United States was also omitted on advice from the clerk of court that no term of court has been held there since 1920. All cases arising in Phelps county in which Rolla is situated are heard at St. Louis.
Provisions relating to the maintenance of offices by the clerks and marshals or their deputies were omitted as covered by sections 452, 541 [see 561], 542 [see 561], and 751 of this title.
Changes in arrangement and phraseology were made.
2012—Subsec. (a)(1). Pub. L. 112–188, § 2(1), struck out “Iron,” after “Gasconade,” and “Saint Genevieve,” after “Saint Francois,”.
Subsec. (a)(3). Pub. L. 112–188, § 2(2), inserted “Iron,” after “Dunklin,” and “Saint Genevieve,” after “Ripley,”.
1980—Subsec. (a)(1). Pub. L. 96–462, § 4(a)(1), struck out references to Audrain and Montgomery counties in the list of counties comprising the Eastern Division of the Eastern District.
Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 96–462, § 4(a)(2), added Audrain and Montgomery counties to the Northern Division of the Eastern District.
1962—Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 87–461 transferred the counties of Caldwell, Grundy, Livingston, Mercer, Putnam, and Sullivan from the Western Division to the Saint Joseph Division, and omitted Chillicothe as a place for holding court.
Amendment by Pub. L. 96–462 effective Oct. 1, 1981, but not to affect the composition or preclude the service of any grand or petit juror summoned, empaneled, or actually serving in any judicial district on Oct. 1, 1981, see section 7 of Pub. L. 96–462, set out as a note under section 84 of this title.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.