35 U.S. Code § 10 - Publications
1. Patents and published applications for patents, including specifications and drawings, together with copies of the same. The Patent and Trademark Office may print the headings of the drawings for patents for the purpose of photolithography.
2. Certificates of trade-mark registrations, including statements and drawings, together with copies of the same.
3. The Official Gazette of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
4. Annual indexes of patents and patentees, and of trade-marks and registrants.
5. Annual volumes of decisions in patent and trade-mark cases.
6. Pamphlet copies of the patent laws and rules of practice, laws and rules relating to trade-marks, and circulars or other publications relating to the business of the Office.
Based on Title 35, U.S.C., 1946 ed., §§ 13 and 16 (R.S. 489; July 9, 1947, ch. 211, § 301 (part), 61 Stat. 299, repeated in prior and subsequent appropriation acts).
Section is amplified to list the publications of the Patent Office, based on 44 U.S.C., 1946 ed., §§ 283, 283a.
The second sentence of item 1 of the revised section is a provision appearing annually in appropriation acts to enable the Patent Office to maintain a small printing press to place headings on drawings before the drawings are reproduced.
Language is changed.
A prior section 10 was renumbered section 9 of this title.
Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 106–113, § 1000(a)(9) [title IV, § 4804(b)], as amended by Pub. L. 107–273, § 13206(b)(3)(A), which directed the general amendment of the introductory provisions of subsec. (a) of section 10 of this title to read “The Director may publish in printed, typewritten, or electronic form, the following:”, was executed to this section, which was section 11 of this title, to reflect the probable intent of Congress. This section was subsequently renumbered section 10 of this title by Pub. L. 106–113, § 1000(a)(9) [title IV, § 4717(1)]. Prior to amendment, introductory provisions of subsec. (a) read as follows: “The Commissioner may print, or cause to be printed, the following:”. See note above and Effective Date of 1999 Amendment note below.
1975—Pub. L. 93–596 substituted “Patent and Trademark Office” for “Patent Office”, wherever appearing.
Pub. L. 106–113, div. B, § 1000(a)(9) [title IV, § 4508], Nov. 29, 1999, 113 Stat. 1536, 1501A–566, as amended by Pub. L. 107–273, div. C, title III, § 13205(3), Nov. 2, 2002, 116 Stat. 1903, provided that:
Amendment by section 1000(a)(9) [title IV, §§ 4717(1), 4732(a)(10)(A)] of Pub. L. 106–113 effective 4 months after Nov. 29, 1999, see section 1000(a)(9) [title IV, § 4731] of Pub. L. 106–113, set out as a note under section 1 of this title.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.