42 U.S. Code § 12782 - Priorities for capacity development
To carry out section 12781 of this title, the Secretary shall provide assistance under this part to—
(1) facilitate the exchange of information that would help participating jurisdictions carry out the purposes of this subchapter, including information on program design, housing finance, land use controls, and building construction techniques;
(2) improve the ability of States and units of general local government to design and implement comprehensive housing affordability strategies, particularly those States and units of general local government that are relatively inexperienced in the development of affordable housing;
(3) encourage private lenders and for-profit developers of low-income housing to participate in public-private partnerships to achieve the purposes of this subchapter;
(4) improve the ability of States and units of general local government, community housing development organizations, private lenders, and for-profit developers of low-income housing to incorporate energy efficiency into the planning, design, financing, construction, and operation of affordable housing;
(5) facilitate the establishment and efficient operation of employer-assisted housing programs through research, technical assistance and demonstration projects; and
Source(Pub. L. 101–625, title II, § 242,Nov. 28, 1990, 104 Stat. 4118; Pub. L. 102–550, title II, § 214(a),Oct. 28, 1992, 106 Stat. 3759.)
1992—Par. (6). Pub. L. 102–550added par. (6).
Effective Date of 1992 Amendment
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.