42 U.S. Code § 13573 - Generation projects
(a) Eligible projects
(2) advanced combustion equipment and processes that the Secretary determines will be cost-effective and could substantially contribute to meeting environmental or energy needs, including gasification, gasification fuel cells, gasification coproduction, oxidation combustion techniques, ultra-supercritical boilers, and chemical looping; and
The Secretary shall establish criteria for the selection of generation projects under section 13572 (a)(1) of this title. The Secretary may modify the criteria as appropriate to reflect improvements in equipment, except that the criteria shall not be modified to be less stringent. The selection criteria shall include—
(1) prioritization of projects whose installation is likely to result in significant air quality improvements in nonattainment air quality areas;
(2) prioritization of projects whose installation is likely to result in lower emission rates of pollution;
(3) prioritization of projects that result in the repowering or replacement of older, less efficient units;
(4) documented broad interest in the procurement of the equipment and utilization of the processes used in the projects by owners or operators of facilities for electricity generation;
(5) equipment and processes beginning in 2006 through 2011 that are projected to achieve a thermal efficiency of—
except that energy used for coproduction or cogeneration shall not be counted in calculating the thermal efficiency under this paragraph; and
(6) equipment and processes beginning in 2012 and 2013 that are projected to achieve a thermal efficiency of—
except that energy used for coproduction or cogeneration shall not be counted in calculating the thermal efficiency under this paragraph.
(c) Program balance and priority
In carrying out the program under section 13572 (a)(1) of this title, the Secretary shall ensure, to the extent practicable, that—
(1) between 25 percent and 75 percent of the projects supported are for the sole purpose of electrical generation; and
(d) Authorization of appropriations
There are authorized to be appropriated to the Secretary to carry out section 13572 (a)(1) of this title—
No technology, or level of emission reduction, shall be treated as adequately demonstrated for purpose  of section 7411 of this title, achievable for purposes of section 7479 of this title, or achievable in practice for purposes of section 7501 of this title solely by reason of the use of such technology, or the achievement of such emission reduction, by one or more facilities receiving assistance under section 13572 (a)(1) of this title.
 So in original. Probably should be “purposes”.