Quick search by citation:

42 U.S. Code § 4630 - Requirements for relocation payments and assistance of federally assisted program; assurances of availability of housing

Notwithstanding any other law, the head of a Federal agency shall not approve any grant to, or contract or agreement with, a displacing agency (other than a Federal agency), under which Federal financial assistance will be available to pay all or part of the cost of any program or project which will result in the displacement of any person on or after January 2, 1971, unless he receives satisfactory assurances from such displacing agency that—
fair and reasonable relocation payments and assistance shall be provided to or for displaced persons, as are required to be provided by a Federal agency under sections 4622, 4623, and 4624 of this title;
relocation assistance programs offering the services described in section 4625 of this title shall be provided to such displaced persons;
within a reasonable period of time prior to displacement, comparable replacement dwellings will be available to displaced persons in accordance with section 4625(c)(3) of this title.
Editorial Notes

1987—Pub. L. 100–17 in introductory provisions substituted “displacing agency (other than a Federal agency)” for “State agency” and “assurances from such displacing agency” for “assurances from such State agency”, and in par. (3) substituted “comparable replacement dwellings” for “decent, safe, and sanitary replacement dwellings”.

Statutory Notes and Related Subsidiaries
Effective Date of 1987 Amendment

Amendment by Pub. L. 100–17 effective on effective date provided in regulations promulgated under section 4633 of this title (as amended by section 412 of Pub. L. 100–17), but not later than 2 years after Apr. 2, 1987, see section 418 of Pub. L. 100–17, set out as a note under section 4601 of this title.

Effective Date

Section as completely applicable to all States after July 1, 1972, but until such date applicable to a State to extent the State is able under its laws to comply with this section, see section 221(b) of Pub. L. 91–646, set out as a note under section 4601 of this title.