42 U.S. Code § 4601 - Definitions
This chapter, referred to in introductory provision and par. (6)(B)(i), was in the original “this Act”, meaning Pub. L. 91–646, Jan. 2, 1971, 84 Stat. 1894, known as the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, which is classified principally to this chapter. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out below and Tables.
1987—Par. (1). Pub. L. 100–17, § 402(a), amended par. (1) generally. Prior to amendment, par. (1) read as follows: “The term ‘Federal agency’ means any department, agency, or instrumentality in the executive branch of the Government (except the National Capital Housing Authority), any wholly owned Government corporation (except the District of Columbia Redevelopment Land Agency), and the Architect of the Capitol, the Federal Reserve banks and branches thereof.”
Par. (3). Pub. L. 100–17, § 402(b), amended par. (3) generally. Prior to amendment, par. (3) read as follows: “The term ‘State agency’ means the National Capital Housing Authority, the District of Columbia Redevelopment Land Agency, and any department, agency, or instrumentality of a State or of a political subdivision of a State, or any department, agency, or instrumentality of two or more States or of two or more political subdivisions of a State or States.”
Par. (4). Pub. L. 100–17, § 402(c), inserted “, any interest reduction payment to an individual in connection with the purchase and occupancy of a residence by that individual,” after “insurance”.
Par. (6). Pub. L. 100–17, § 402(d), amended par. (6) generally. Prior to amendment, par. (6) read as follows: “The term ‘displaced person’ means any person who, on or after January 2, 1971, moves from real property, or moves his personal property from real property, as a result of the acquisition of such real property, in whole or in part, or as the result of the written order of the acquiring agency to vacate real property, for a program or project undertaken by a Federal agency, or with Federal financial assistance; and solely for the purposes of sections 4622(a) and (b) and 4625 of this title, as a result of the acquisition of or as the result of the written order of the acquiring agency to vacate other real property, on which such person conducts a business or farm operation, for such program or project.”
Par. (7)(D). Pub. L. 100–17, § 402(f), substituted “section 4622” for “section 4622(a)”.
Pars. (10) to (13). Pub. L. 100–17, § 402(e), added pars. (10) to (13).
For termination of Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, see note set out preceding section 1681 of Title 48, Territories and Insular Possessions.
[For transfer of all functions, personnel, assets, components, authorities, grant programs, and liabilities of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, including the functions of the Under Secretary for Federal Emergency Management relating thereto, to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, see section 315(a)(1) of Title 6, Domestic Security.]
[For transfer of functions, personnel, assets, and liabilities of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, including the functions of the Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency relating thereto, to the Secretary of Homeland Security, and for treatment of related references, see former section 313(1) and sections 551(d), 552(d), and 557 of Title 6, Domestic Security, and the Department of Homeland Security Reorganization Plan of November 25, 2002, as modified, set out as a note under section 542 of Title 6.]
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Alaska Admin. Code Title 18 § 76.215 - 18 AAC 76.215 - Eligible projects and activities; allowable costs
- OR Admin. Rule 734-064-0020 - 734-064-0020 - Relocation of an Outdoor Advertising Sign Due to a Highway Project
- 24 Va. Admin. Code § 30-41-290 - 24VAC30-41-290 - Actual direct losses of tangible personal property.
- 24 Va. Admin. Code § 30-41-420 - 24VAC30-41-420 - Advance replacement housing payments in condemnation cases.
- 24 Va. Admin. Code § 30-41-500 - 24VAC30-41-500 - Incidental expenses (closing costs incurred in purchase of replacement dwelling).
- 24 Va. Admin. Code § 30-41-540 - 24VAC30-41-540 - Disbursement of rental replacement housing payment.
- 24 Va. Admin. Code § 30-41-580 - 24VAC30-41-580 - Section 8 Housing Assistance Program for low income families.
- 24 Va. Admin. Code § 30-41-630 - 24VAC30-41-630 - Replacement housing payments; 90-day owner-occupant.
- 24 Va. Admin. Code § 30-41-640 - 24VAC30-41-640 - Replacement housing payment to tenants of 90 days or more.