42 U.S. Code § 7385s–5 - Applicability to certain uranium employees
prev | next
(a) In general
This part shall apply to—
(1) a section 5 payment recipient who contracted a section 5 illness through a section 5 exposure at a section 5 facility, or
(2) a section 5 uranium worker determined under section 7385s–4 (c) of this title to have contracted a covered illness through exposure to a toxic substance at a section 5 mine or mill,
(or to the survivor of that employee, as applicable) on the same basis as it applies to a Department of Energy contractor employee determined under section 7385s–4 of this title to have contracted a covered illness through exposure to a toxic substance at a Department of Energy facility (or to the survivor of that employee, as applicable).
In this section:
(1) The term “section 5 payment recipient” means an individual who receives, or has received, $100,000 under section 5 of the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (42 U.S.C. 2210 note) for a claim made under that Act.
(2) The terms “section 5 exposure”, “section 5 facility”, and “section 5 illness” mean the exposure, facility, and illness, respectively, to which an individual’s status as a section 5 payment recipient relates.
(3) The term “section 5 uranium worker” means an individual to whom subsection (a)(1)(A)(i) ofsection 5 of the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act applies (whether directly or by reason of subsection (a)(2) of this section).
Source(Pub. L. 106–398, § 1 [div. C, title XXXVI, § 3676], as added Pub. L. 108–375, div. C, title XXXI, § 3161,Oct. 28, 2004, 118 Stat. 2182.)
References in Text
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.