5 U.S. Code § 8471 - Definitions
prev | next
For the purposes of this subchapter—
(1) the term “beneficiary” means an individual (other than a participant) entitled to payment from the Thrift Savings Fund under subchapter III of this chapter;
(2) the term “Council” means the Employee Thrift Advisory Council established under section 8473 of this title;
(3) the term “participant” means an individual for whom an account has been established under section 8439 of this title;
(4) the term “person” means an individual, partnership, joint venture, corporation, mutual company, joint-stock company, trust, estate, unincorporated organization, association, or labor organization; and
(5) the term “Thrift Savings Fund” means the Thrift Savings Fund established under section 8437 of this title.