51 U.S. Code § 40308 - Space grant review panel
prev | next
(a) Establishment.— The Administrator shall establish an independent committee known as the space grant review panel, which shall not be subject to the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (5 App. U.S.C.).
(b) Duties.— The panel shall take such steps as may be necessary to review, and shall advise the Administrator with respect to—
(1) applications or proposals for, and performance under, grants and contracts awarded pursuant to sections 40304 and 40305 of this title;
(3) the designation and operation of space grant colleges and space grant regional consortia, and the operation of space grant and fellowship programs;
(4) the formulation and application of the planning guidelines and priorities pursuant to subsections (a) and (b)(1) ofsection 40303 of this title; and
(c) Personnel and Administrative Services.— The Administrator shall make available to the panel any information, personnel, and administrative services and assistance which is reasonable to carry out the duties of the panel.
(1) Appointment.— The Administrator shall appoint the voting members of the panel. A majority of the voting members shall be individuals who, by reason of knowledge, experience, or training, are especially qualified in one or more of the disciplines and fields related to space. The other voting members shall be individuals who, by reason of knowledge, experience, or training, are especially qualified in, or representative of, education, extension services, State government, industry, economics, planning, or any other activity related to efforts to enhance the understanding, assessment, development, or utilization of space resources. The Administrator shall consider the potential conflict of interest of any individual in making appointments to the panel.
(2) Chairman and vice chairman.— The Administrator shall select one voting member to serve as the Chairman and another voting member to serve as the Vice Chairman. The Vice Chairman shall act as Chairman in the absence or incapacity of the Chairman.
(3) Reimbursement for expenses.— Voting members of the panel who are not Federal employees shall be reimbursed for actual and reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of such duties.
(4) Meetings.— The panel shall meet on a biannual basis and, at any other time, at the call of the Chairman or upon the request of a majority of the voting members or of the Administrator.
Source(Pub. L. 111–314, § 3,Dec. 18, 2010, 124 Stat. 3387.)
|Revised Section||Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|42 U.S.C. 2486h.|
|Pub. L. 100–147, title II, § 210, Oct. 30, 1987, 101 Stat. 874.|
In subsection (a), the word “provisions” is substituted for “provisons” to correct an error in the law.
References in Text