7 U.S. Code § 8901 - Definitions
prev | next
In this chapter:
(2) Agricultural biosecurityThe term “agricultural biosecurity” means protection from an agent that poses a threat to—
the environment as it relates to agriculture facilities, farmland, and air and water within the immediate vicinity of an area associated with an agricultural disease or outbreak.
(3) Agricultural countermeasureThe term “agricultural countermeasure”—
(4) Agricultural disease
(5) Agricultural disease emergency
(6) Agroterrorist actThe term “agroterrorist act” means an act that—
(A) causes or attempts to cause—
injury to a person associated with agriculture; and
(9) DevelopmentThe term “development” means—
the formulation, production, and subsequent modification of those products or technologies;
the conduct of field, efficacy, and safety studies;
the preparation of an application for marketing approval for submission to an applicable agency; or
other actions taken by an applicable agency in a case in which an agricultural countermeasure is procured or used prior to issuance of a license or other form of Federal Government approval.
(11) Qualified agricultural countermeasure
Enactment of this section and repeal of Pub. L. 110–234 by Pub. L. 110–246 effective May 22, 2008, the date of enactment of Pub. L. 110–234, see section 4 of Pub. L. 110–246, set out as a note under section 8701 of this title.
“This subtitle [subtitle B (§§ 14101–14122) of title XIV of Pub. L. 110–246, enacting this chapter] may be cited as the ‘Agricultural Security Improvement Act of 2008’.”