- A brief description of chapters 7, 11, 12, and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- An explanation of the purpose, benefits, and costs of bankruptcy proceedings under each of those chapters.
- The types of services available from credit counseling agencies.
- A statement specifying that any person who knowingly and fraudulently conceals assets or makes a false oath or statement under penalty of perjury in a bankruptcy proceeding shall be subject to fines, imprisonment, or both.
- A statement indicating that all information supplied by a debtor in a bankruptcy proceeding is subject to examination by the Attorney General.
[Last updated in November of 2021 by the Wex Definitions Team]