- § 9-610 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) codifies the commercially reasonable requirement for disposing of collateral after a debtor defaults
- UCC § 9-611 requires that the debtor be notified before disposition of collateral.
- California has adopted and codified the same notification requirement in COM § 9-611.
- In Beardmore v. Am. Summit Fin. Holdings, L.L.C., the court applied the absolute bar rule even though the Texas legislature had abandoned it because the disposition of collateral had “occurred before the abrogating act became effective.”
- UCC § 9-627 and COM § 9-627 set guidelines for determining whether conduct was commercially reasonable.
[Last updated in June of 2022 by the Wex Definitions Team]