Alienation of Affections

Primary tabs

In a minority of states, a spouse may sue a third party for purposefully interfering with the marital relationship. This suit is usually brought against the adulterous spouse's paramour.  However, suit may also be brought against an in-law or relative who has advised the defecting spouse to leave the marital relationship.