10 CFR 73.21 - Protection of Safeguards Information: Performance requirements.
(a) General performance requirement.
(1) Each licensee, certificate holder, applicant, or other person who produces, receives, or acquires Safeguards Information (including Safeguards Information with the designation or marking: Safeguards Information - Modified Handling) shall ensure that it is protected against unauthorized disclosure. To meet this general performance requirement, such licensees, certificate holders, applicants, or other persons subject to this section shall:
(i) Establish, implement, and maintain an information protection system that includes the applicable measures for Safeguards Information specified in § 73.22 related to: Power reactors; a formula quantity of strategic special nuclear material; transportation of or delivery to a carrier for transportation of a formula quantity of strategic special nuclear material or more than 100 grams of irradiated reactor fuel; uranium hexafluoride production or conversion facilities; fuel fabrication facilities; uranium enrichment facilities; independent spent fuel storage installations; and geologic repository operations areas.
(ii) Establish, implement, and maintain an information protection system that includes the applicable measures for Safeguards Information specified in § 73.23 related to: Research and test reactors that possess special nuclear material of moderate strategic significance or special nuclear material of low strategic significance.
(iii) Protect the information in accordance with the requirements of § 73.22 if the Safeguards Information is not described in paragraphs (a)(1)(i) and (a)(1)(ii) of this section.
(2) Information protection procedures employed by Federal, State, Tribal, and local law enforcement agencies are presumed to meet the general performance requirement in paragraph (a)(1) of this section.
(b) Commission authority.
(1) Pursuant to Section 147 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, the Commission may impose, by order or regulation, Safeguards Information protection requirements different from or in addition to those specified in this Part on any person who produces, receives, or acquires Safeguards Information.
(2) The Commission may require, by regulation or order, that information within the scope of Section 147 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, related to facilities or materials not specifically described in §§ 73.21, 73.22 or 73.23 be protected under this part.
Title 10 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 73 after this date.
- 10 CFR 76.117 — Special Nuclear Material of Low Strategic Significance - Category III.
- 10 CFR 76.115 — Special Nuclear Material of Moderate Strategic Significance - Category II.
- 10 CFR 52.17 — Contents of Applications; Technical Information.
- 10 CFR 76.113 — Formula Quantities of Strategic Special Nuclear Material - Category I.
- 10 CFR 52.79 — Contents of Applications; Technical Information in Final Safety Analysis Report.
- 10 CFR 52.47 — Contents of Applications; Technical Information.
- 10 CFR 72.74 — Reports of Accidental Criticality or Loss of Special Nuclear Material.