10 CFR 73.21 - Protection of Safeguards Information: Performance requirements.
(a)General performance requirement.
(1) Each licensee, certificate holder, applicant, or other person who produces, receives, or acquires Safeguards Information (including Safeguards Information with the designation or marking: Safeguards Information - Modified Handling) shall ensure that it is protected against unauthorized disclosure. To meet this general performance requirement, such licensees, certificate holders, applicants, or other persons subject to this section shall:
(i) Establish, implement, and maintain an information protection system that includes the applicable measures for Safeguards Information specified in § 73.22 related to: Power reactors; a formula quantity of strategic special nuclear material; transportation of or delivery to a carrier for transportation of a formula quantity of strategic special nuclear material or more than 100 grams of irradiated reactor fuel; uranium hexafluoride production or conversion facilities; fuel fabrication facilities; uranium enrichment facilities; independent spent fuel storage installations; and geologic repository operations areas.
(ii) Establish, implement, and maintain an information protection system that includes the applicable measures for Safeguards Information specified in § 73.23 related to: Research and test reactors that possess special nuclear material of moderate strategic significance or special nuclear material of low strategic significance.
(2) Information protection procedures employed by Federal, State, Tribal, and local law enforcement agencies are presumed to meet the general performance requirement in paragraph (a)(1) of this section.
(1) Pursuant to Section 147 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, the Commission may impose, by order or regulation, Safeguards Information protection requirements different from or in addition to those specified in this Part on any person who produces, receives, or acquires Safeguards Information.
(2) The Commission may require, by regulation or order, that information within the scope of Section 147 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, related to facilities or materials not specifically described in §§ 73.21, 73.22 or 73.23 be protected under this part.
Title 10 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 73 after this date.
- 10 CFR 72.22 — Contents of Application: General and Financial Information.
- 10 CFR 76.117 — Special Nuclear Material of Low Strategic Significance - Category III.
- 10 CFR 72.44 — License Conditions.
- 10 CFR 2.336 — General Discovery.
- 10 CFR 76.115 — Special Nuclear Material of Moderate Strategic Significance - Category II.
- 10 CFR 72.236 — Specific Requirements for Spent Fuel Storage Cask Approval and Fabrication.
- 10 CFR 52.17 — Contents of Applications; Technical Information.
- 10 CFR 72.212 — Conditions of General License Issued Under § 72.210.
- 10 CFR 70.22 — Contents of Applications.
- 10 CFR 2.1010 — Pre-License Application Presiding Officer.
- 10 CFR 2.705 — Discovery-Additional Methods.
- 10 CFR 70.32 — Conditions of Licenses.
- 10 CFR 76.113 — Formula Quantities of Strategic Special Nuclear Material - Category I.
- 10 CFR 2.709 — Discovery Against NRC Staff.
- 10 CFR 52.79 — Contents of Applications; Technical Information in Final Safety Analysis Report.
- 10 CFR 52.47 — Contents of Applications; Technical Information.
- 10 CFR 2.1003 — Availability of Material.
- 10 CFR 71.11 — Protection of Safeguards Information.
- 10 CFR 73.71 — Reporting of Safeguards Events.
- 10 CFR 73.21 — Protection of Safeguards Information: Performance Requirements.
- 10 CFR 73.55 — Requirements for Physical Protection of Licensed Activities in Nuclear Power Reactors Against Radiological Sabotage.
- 10 CFR 50.34 — Contents of Applications; Technical Information.
- 10 CFR 73.57 — Requirements for Criminal History Records Checks of Individuals Granted Unescorted Access to a Nuclear Power Facility, a Non-Power Reactor, or Access to Safeguards Information.
- 10 CFR 73.22 — Protection of Safeguards Information: Specific Requirements.
- 10 CFR 73.23 — Protection of Safeguards Information - Modified Handling: Specific Requirements.
- 10 CFR 40.31 — Application for Specific Licenses.
- 10 CFR 73.37 — Requirements for Physical Protection of Irradiated Reactor Fuel in Transit.
- 10 CFR 63.21 — Content of Application.
- 10 CFR 73.2 — Definitions.
- 10 CFR 60.42 — Conditions of License.
- 10 CFR 73.77 — Cyber Security Event Notifications.
- 10 CFR 60.21 — Content of Application.
- 10 CFR 63.42 — Conditions of License.
- 10 CFR 40.41 — Terms and Conditions of Licenses.
Title 10 published on 2015-12-04.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 10.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.