11 CFR § 9036.1 - Threshold submission.
(a) Time for submission of threshold submission. At any time after January 1 of the year immediately preceding the Presidential election year, the candidate may submit a threshold submission for matching fund payments in accordance with the format for such submissions set forth in 11 CFR 9036.1(b). The candidate may submit the threshold submission simultaneously with or subsequent to his or her submission of the candidate agreement and certifications required by 11 CFR 9033.1 and 9033.2.
(b) Format for threshold submission.
(1) For each State in which the candidate certifies that he or she has met the requirements of the certifications in 11 CFR 9033.2(b), the candidate shall submit an alphabetical list of contributors showing:
(i) Each contributor's full name and residential address;
(ii) The occupation and name of employer for individuals whose aggregate contributions exceed $200 in an election cycle;
(iii) The date of deposit of each contribution into the designated campaign depository;
(iv) The full dollar amount of each contribution submitted for matching purposes;
(v) The matchable portion of each contribution submitted for matching purposes;
(vi) The aggregate amount of all matchable contributions from that contributor submitted for matching purposes;
(vii) A notation indicating which contributions were received as a result of joint fundraising activities.
(2) For each list of contributors generated directly or indirectly from computerized files or computerized records, the candidate shall submit computerized magnetic media, such as magnetic tapes or magnetic diskettes, containing the information required by 11 CFR 9036.1(b)(1) in accordance with 11 CFR 9033.12.
(3) The candidate shall submit a full-size photocopy of each check or written instrument and of supporting documentation in accordance with 11 CFR 9034.2 for each contribution that the candidate submits to establish eligibility for matching funds. For purposes of the threshold submission, the photocopies shall be segregated alphabetically by contributor within each State, and shall be accompanied by and referenced to copies of the relevant deposit slips. In lieu of submitting photocopies, the candidate may submit digital images of checks and other materials in accordance with the procedures specified in 11 CFR 9036.2(b)(1)(vi). Digital images of contributions do not need to be segregated alphabetically by contributor within each State.
(4) The candidate shall submit bank documentation, such as bank-validated deposit slips or unvalidated deposit slips accompanied by the relevant bank statements, which indicate that the contributions submitted were deposited into a designated campaign depository.
(5) For each State in which the candidate certifies that he or she has met the requirements to establish eligibility, the candidate shall submit a listing, alphabetically by contributor, of all checks returned by the bank to date as unpaid (e.g., stop payments, non-sufficient funds) regardless of whether the contribution was submitted for matching. This listing shall be accompanied by a full-size photocopy of each unpaid check, and copies of the associated debit memo and bank statement.
(6) For each State in which the candidate certifies that he or she has met the requirements to establish eligibility, the candidate shall submit a listing, in alphabetical order by contributor, of all contributions that were refunded to the contributor, regardless of whether the contributions were submitted for matching. For each refunded contribution, the listing shall state the contributor's full name and address, the deposit date and batch number, an indication of which matching fund submission the contribution was included in, if any, and the amount and date of the refund. The listing shall be accompanied by a full-sized photocopy of each refunded contributor check.
(7) In the case of a contribution made by a credit or debit card, including one made over the Internet, the candidate shall provide sufficient documentation to the Commission to insure that each such contribution was made by a lawful contributor who manifested an intention to make the contribution to the candidate or authorized committee that submits it for matching fund payments. Additional information on the documentation required to accompany such contributions is found in the Commission's Guideline for Presentation in Good Order. See 11 CFR 9033.1(b)(9).
(8) The candidate shall submit all contributions in accordance with the Federal Election Commission's Guideline for Presentation in Good Order.
(9) Contributions that are not submitted in compliance with this section shall not count toward the threshold amount.
(c) Threshold certification by Commission.
(1) After the Commission has determined under 11 CFR 9033.4 that the candidate has satisfied the eligibility and certification requirements of 11 CFR 9033.1 and 9033.2, the Commission will notify the candidate in writing that the candidate is eligible to receive primary matching fund payments as provided in 11 CFR part 9034.
(2) If the Commission makes a determination of a candidate's eligibility under 11 CFR 9036.1(a) in a Presidential election year, the Commission shall certify to the Secretary, within 10 calendar days after the Commission has made its determination, the amount to which the candidate is entitled.
(3) If the Commission makes a determination of a candidate's eligibility under 11 CFR 9036.1(a) in the year preceding the Presidential election year, the Commission will notify the candidate that he or she is eligible to receive matching fund payments; however, the Commission's determination will not result in a payment of funds to the candidate until after January 1 of the Presidential election year.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.