11 CFR 9036.5 - Resubmissions.
(a) Alternative resubmission methods. Upon receipt of the Commission's notice of the results of the submission review pursuant to 11 CFR 9036.4(b), or of an inquiry pursuant to 11 CFR 9039.3 that results in a downward adjustment to the amount of certified matching funds, a candidate may choose to:
(1) Resubmit the entire submission; or
(2) Make a written request for the identification of the specific contributions that were rejected for matching, and resubmit those specific contributions.
(b) Time for presentation of resubmissions. If the candidate chooses to resubmit any contributions under 11 CFR 9036.5(a), the contributions shall be resubmitted on dates to be determined and published by the Commission. The candidate may not make any resubmissions later than the first Tuesday in September of the year following the Presidential election year.
(c) Format for resubmissions. All resubmissions filed by the candidate shall be made in accordance with the Federal Election Commission's Guideline for Presentation in Good Order. In making a presentation of resubmitted contributions, the candidate shall follow the format requirements as specified in 11 CFR 9036.2(b)(1), except that:
(1) The candidate need not provide photocopies of written instruments, supporting documentation and bank documentation unless it is necessary to supplement the original documentation.
(2) Each resubmitted contribution shall be referenced to the submission in which it was first presented.
(3) Each list of resubmitted contributions shall reflect the aggregate amount of contributions submitted for matching from each contributor as of the date of the original submission.
(4) Each list of resubmitted contributions shall reflect the aggregate amount of contributions submitted for matching from each contributor as of the date of the resubmission.
(5) Each list of resubmitted contributions shall only contain contributions previously submitted for matching and no new or additional contributions.
(6) Each resubmission shall be accompanied by a statement that the candidate has corrected his or her contributor records (including the data base for those candidates maintaining their contributor list on computer).
(d) Certification of resubmitted contributions. Contributions that the Commission determines to be matchable will be certified to the Secretary at least once a month on dates to be determined and published by the Commission. If the candidate chooses to request the specific contributions rejected for matching pursuant to 11 CFR 9036.5(a)(2), the amount certified shall equal only the matchable amount of the particular contribution that meets the standards on resubmission, rather than the amount projected as being nonmatchable based on that contribution due to the sampling techniques used in reviewing the original submission.
(e) Initial determinations. If the candidate resubmits a contribution for matching and the Commission determines that the rejected contribution is still non-matchable, the Commission will notify the candidate in writing of its determination. The Commission will advise the candidate of the legal and factual reasons for its determination and of the evidence on which that determination is based. The candidate may submit written legal or factual materials to demonstrate that the contribution is matchable within 30 calendar days after service of the Commission's notice. Such materials may be submitted by counsel if the candidate so desires.
(f) Final determinations. The Commission will consider any written legal or factual materials timely submitted by the candidate in making its final determination. A final determination by the Commission that a contribution is not matchable will be accompanied by a written statement of reasons for the Commission's action. This statement will explain the reasons underlying the Commission's determination and will summarize the results of any investigation upon which the determination is based.