12 CFR 225.73 - Procedures for filing, processing, and acting on notices; standards for disapproval; waiver of notice.
(a) Filing notice -
(1) Content. The notice required in § 225.72 shall be filed with the appropriate Reserve Bank and shall contain:
(ii) Additional information consistent with the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's Joint Statement of Guidelines on Conducting Background Checks and Change in Control Investigations, as set forth in the designated Board form; and
(iii) Such other information as may be required by the Board or Reserve Bank.
(2) Modification. The Reserve Bank may modify or accept other information in place of the requirements of § 225.73(a)(1) for a notice filed under this subpart.
(3) Acceptance and processing of notice. The 30-day notice period specified in § 225.72 shall begin on the date all information required to be submitted by the notificant pursuant to § 225.73(a)(1) is received by the appropriate Reserve Bank. The Reserve Bank shall notify the regulated institution or individual submitting the notice of the date on which all required information is received and the notice is accepted for processing, and of the date on which the 30-day notice period will expire. The Board or Reserve Bank may extend the 30-day notice period for an additional period of not more than 60 days by notifying the regulated institution or individual filing the notice that the period has been extended and stating the reason for not processing the notice within the 30-day notice period.
(b) Commencement of service -
(1) At expiration of period. A proposed director or senior executive officer may begin service after the end of the 30-day period and any extension as provided under paragraph (a)(3) of this section, unless the Board or Reserve Bank disapproves the notice before the end of the period.
(2) Prior to expiration of period. A proposed director or senior executive officer may begin service before the end of the 30-day period and any extension as provided under paragraph (a)(3) of this section, if the Board or the Reserve Bank notifies in writing the regulated institution or individual submitting the notice of the Board's or Reserve Bank's intention not to disapprove the notice.
(c) Notice of disapproval. The Board or Reserve Bank shall disapprove a notice under § 225.72 if the Board or Reserve Bank finds that the competence, experience, character, or integrity of the individual with respect to whom the notice is submitted indicates that it would not be in the best interests of the depositors of the regulated institution or in the best interests of the public to permit the individual to be employed by, or associated with, the regulated institution. The notice of disapproval shall contain a statement of the basis for disapproval and shall be sent to the regulated institution and the disapproved individual.
(d) Appeal of a notice of disapproval.
(1) A disapproved individual or a regulated institution that has submitted a notice that is disapproved under this section may appeal the disapproval to the Board within 15 days of the effective date of the notice of disapproval. An appeal shall be in writing and explain the reasons for the appeal and include all facts, documents, and arguments that the appealing party wishes to be considered in the appeal, and state whether the appealing party is requesting an informal hearing.
(2) Written notice of the final decision of the Board shall be sent to the appealing party within 60 days of the receipt of an appeal, unless the appealing party's request for an informal hearing is granted.
(e) Informal hearing.
(1) An individual or regulated institution whose notice under this section has been disapproved may request an informal hearing on the notice. A request for an informal hearing shall be in writing and shall be submitted within 15 days of a notice of disapproval. The Board may, in its sole discretion, order an informal hearing if the Board finds that oral argument is appropriate or necessary to resolve disputes regarding material issues of fact.
(2) An informal hearing shall be held within 30 days of a request, if granted, unless the requesting party agrees to a later date.
(3) Written notice of the final decision of the Board shall be given to the individual and the regulated institution within 60 days of the conclusion of any informal hearing ordered by the Board, unless the requesting party agrees to a later date.
(f) Waiver of notice -
(1) Waiver requests. The Board or Reserve Bank may permit an individual to serve as a senior executive officer or director before the notice required under this subpart is provided, if the Board or Reserve Bank finds that:
(ii) Delay would not be in the public interest; or
(iii) Other extraordinary circumstances exist that justify waiver of prior notice.
(2) Automatic waiver. An individual may serve as a director upon election to the board of directors of a regulated institution before the notice required under this subpart is provided if the individual:
(i) Is not proposed by the management of the regulated institution;
(iii) Provides to the appropriate Reserve Bank all the information required in § 225.73(a) within two (2) business days after the individual's election.
(3) Effect on disapproval authority. A waiver shall not affect the authority of the Board or Reserve Bank to disapprove a notice within 30 days after a waiver is granted under paragraph (f)(1) of this section or the election of an individual who has filed a notice and is serving pursuant to an automatic waiver under paragraph (f)(2) of this section.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 225 after this date.