13 CFR 107.1560 - Distributions by Licensee - required Distributions to private investors and SBA.
You must make Distributions under this § 107.1560 if you have outstanding Participating Securities or Earmarked Assets and you satisfy the conditions in paragraph (a) of this section. Distributions under this section are determined as of the end of each fiscal year. You must notify SBA of any planned distribution under this section 10 business days before the distribution date, unless SBA permits otherwise.
(a)Conditions for making Distributions. Distributions under this section are subject to the following conditions:
(3) You must satisfy the liquidity requirement in § 107.1505.
(4) The amount you distribute under this section must not exceed your remaining Retained Earnings Available for Distribution.
(b)Total amount you must distribute. Unless SBA permits otherwise, the total amount you must distribute equals the result (if greater than zero) of the following computation:
(2) Distributions to SBA, or its designated agent or Trustee, reduce Retained Earnings Available for Distribution if they are applied as payments of Profit Participation or distributions on Preferred Securities (see paragraph (g) of this section).
(3) Distributions to SBA, or its designated agent or Trustee, do not reduce Retained Earnings Available for Distribution if they are applied as a repayment or redemption of Leverage (see paragraph (g) of this section).
(e)SBA's share of the total Distribution. Use the following table to determine the percentage share of the total Distribution (from paragraph (b) of this section) that goes to SBA (or its designated agent or Trustee):
SBA's Percentage Share of Total Distribution
|If your ratio of Leverage to Leverageable Capital as of the fiscal period end is:||Then SBA's percentage share of the Distribution is:|
|Over 200%||[Leverage / (Leverage Leverageable Capital)] × 100.|
|Over 100% but not over 200%||50%.|
|100% or less||Profit Participation Rate from
(f)Exceptions to the Distribution requirement.
(1) With SBA's prior written approval, you may withhold from distribution reasonable reserves necessary to protect your investments or relative position in Loans and Investments and to meet contingent liabilities.
(iii) Withholding of reserves under this paragraph (f)(1) is not a “payment failure” in violation of § 107.1820(e)(6).
(2) SBA may restrict Distributions under this § 107.1560 if SBA determines that the value of your assets is materially overstated. SBA must give you notice of such a determination in advance of your proposed Distribution.
(1) First, to Profit Participation;
(4) Fourth, as a redemption of Preferred Securities; and
- 13 CFR 107.1575 — Distributions on Other Than Payment Dates.
- 13 CFR 107.1550 — Distributions by Licensee - Permitted “tax Distributions” to Private Investors and SBA.
- 13 CFR 107.585 — Voluntary Decrease in Licensee's Regulatory Capital.
- 13 CFR 107.1560 — Distributions by Licensee - Required Distributions to Private Investors and SBA.
- 13 CFR 107.1570 — Distributions by Licensee - Optional Distribution to Private Investors and SBA.