13 CFR 134.226 - The decision.
(1) Following close of record, the Judge will issue a decision containing findings of fact and conclusions of law, the reasons for such findings and conclusions, and any relief ordered. The record will constitute the exclusive basis for a decision.
(2) An OHA decision creates precedent, unless:
(i) Another regulation in this chapter applicable to a specific type of appeal provides that the OHA decision does not create precedent; or
(ii) the decision is designated as one not to be cited as precedent.
(3) A summary decision containing only cursory findings of fact and conclusions of law may be issued only if the Judge finds a full decision will not advance understanding of Federal statutes or applicable regulations, policies, or procedures and the underlying facts and law are of a routine and non-complex nature.
(b) Time limits. Decisions pertaining to the collection of debts owed to SBA and the United States under the Debt Collection Act of 1982, the Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996, and Part 140 of this chapter must be made within 60 days after a petition is filed. Time limits for decisions in other types of cases, if any, are indicated either in the applicable program regulations or in other subparts of this part 134.
(c) Service. OHA will serve a copy of all written decisions on:
(1) Each party, or, if represented by counsel, on its counsel; and
(2) SBA's General Counsel, or his or her designee, if SBA is not a party.
Title 13 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 13 CFR Part 134 after this date.