13 CFR 302.20 - Civil rights.
(a) Discrimination is prohibited by a Recipient or Other Party (as defined in paragraph (b) of this section) with respect to a Project receiving Investment Assistance under PWEDA or by an entity receiving Adjustment Assistance (as defined in § 315.2 of this chapter) under the Trade Act, in accordance with the following authorities:
(1) Section 601 of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended (42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq.) (proscribing discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin), and the Department's implementing regulations found at 15 CFR part 8;
(2) 42 U.S.C. 3123 (proscribing discrimination on the basis of sex in Investment Assistance provided under PWEDA) and 42 U.S.C. 6709 (proscribing discrimination on the basis of sex under the Local Public Works Program), and the Department's implementing regulations found at 15 CFR part 8a;
(3) Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. 794) (proscribing discrimination on the basis of disabilities), and the Department's implementing regulations found at 15 CFR part 8b;
(4) The Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended (42 U.S.C. 6101 et seq.) (proscribing discrimination on the basis of age), and the Department's implementing regulations found at 15 CFR part 20; and
(5) Other Federal statutes, regulations and Executive Orders, as applicable.
(b) Definitions. (1) For purposes of this section, an “Other Party” means an “other party subject to this part,” as defined in 15 CFR 8.3(l), and includes an entity which (or which is intended to) creates and/or saves 15 or more permanent jobs as a result of Investment Assistance; provided that such entity also is either specifically named in the application as benefiting from the Project, or is or will be located in an EDA building, port, facility, or industrial, commercial or business park constructed or improved in whole or in part with Investment Assistance prior to EDA's final disbursement of award funds.
(2) Additional applicable definitions are provided in 15 CFR part 8.
(c) No Recipient or Other Party shall intimidate, threaten, coerce or discriminate against any person for the purpose of interfering with any right or privilege secured by 42 U.S.C. 3123 or 42 U.S.C. 6709, or because the person has made a complaint, testified, assisted or participated in any manner in an investigation, proceeding or hearing under this section.
(d) All Recipients of Investment Assistance under PWEDA, all Other Parties and all entities receiving Adjustment Assistance under the Trade Act must submit to EDA written assurances that they will comply with applicable laws, EDA regulations, Department regulations, and such other requirements as may be applicable, prohibiting discrimination.