14 CFR 119.39 - Issuing or denying a certificate.
(1) Meets the applicable requirements of this part;
(2) Holds the economic authority applicable to the kinds of operations to be conducted, issued by the Department of Transportation, if required; and
(3) Is properly and adequately equipped in accordance with the requirements of this chapter and is able to conduct a safe operation under appropriate provisions of part 121 or part 135 of this chapter and operations specifications issued under this part.
(b) An application for a certificate may be denied if the Administrator finds that -
(1) The applicant is not properly or adequately equipped or is not able to conduct safe operations under this subchapter;
(2) The applicant previously held an Air Carrier Certificate or Operating Certificate which was revoked;
(3) The applicant intends to or fills a key management position listed in § 119.65(a) or § 119.69(a), as applicable, with an individual who exercised control over or who held the same or a similar position with a certificate holder whose certificate was revoked, or is in the process of being revoked, and that individual materially contributed to the circumstances causing revocation or causing the revocation process;
(4) An individual who will have control over or have a substantial ownership interest in the applicant had the same or similar control or interest in a certificate holder whose certificate was revoked, or is in the process of being revoked, and that individual materially contributed to the circumstances causing revocation or causing the revocation process; or
(5) In the case of an applicant for an Operating Certificate for intrastate common carriage, that for financial reasons the applicant is not able to conduct a safe operation.
Title 14 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 119 after this date.