17 CFR 31.15 - Reporting to leverage customers.
Each leverage transaction merchant shall furnish in writing directly to each leverage customer:
(a) Promptly upon the repurchase, resale, liquidation, rescission or delivery of a leverage contract, a statement showing the financial result of the transactions involved, including the gain or loss on the leverage contract as well as the commission and other charges;
(b) As of the close of the last business day of each calendar month or as of any regular monthly date selected a statement which clearly shows:
(1) All leverage contracts which were terminated for or by the leverage customer during the monthly reporting period by leverage commodity and contract, the number of contracts involved, the transaction identification number for each leverage contract, whether the terminating transaction involved repurchase, resale, liquidation, rescission, or delivery, the date the contract was initially entered into, the value of the contract when initiated, the date the contract was terminated, the value of the contract when terminated, and the realized profit or loss on the contract;
(2) The open leverage contract positions carried for the leverage customer by leverage commodity and contract, whether the position is a long or short leverage contract, the dates on which such contracts were executed and their maturity dates, the number of contracts, the total value of the contracts when initiated, and the unrealized profit or loss on each such contract marked to the market on the basis of the leverage transaction merchant's bid price for a long leverage contract and ask price for a short leverage contract.
(3) The net ledger balance carried in the leverage customer's account as of the monthly closing date and a complete accounting of any leverage customer funds held for the leverage customer;
(4) A detailed accounting of all financial charges and credits to the previous ledger balance during the monthly reporting period, including all leverage customer funds received from or disbursed to the leverage customer, and all commissions and fees incidental to the contract which have been charged and received, as well as all realized profits and losses; and
(5) Any securities or other property which the leverage customer has deposited with the leverage transaction merchant that represent leverage customer funds.
(c) With respect to any leverage account controlled by any person other than the leverage customer for whom the account is carried, except such leverage customer's spouse, parent or child, a copy of the statements required by paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section shall be sent to the controller of the account as well as to the leverage customer for whom such account is carried.