19 CFR 210.68 - Complainant's temporary relief bond.
(a) In every investigation under this part involving a motion for temporary relief, the question of whether the complainant shall be required to post a bond as a prerequisite to the issuance of such relief shall be addressed by the parties, the presiding administrative law judge, and the Commission in the manner described in §§ 210.52, 210.59, 210.61, 210.62, and 210.66. If the Commission determines that a bond should be required, the bond may consist of one or more of the following:
(2) The surety bond of an individual, a trust, an estate, or a partnership, or a corporation, whose solvency and financial responsibility will be investigated and verified by the Commission; or
(3) A certified check, a bank draft, a post office money order, cash, a United States bond, a Treasury note, or other Government obligation within the meaning of 31 U.S.C. 9301 and 31 31 CFR part 225, which is owned by the complainant and tendered in lieu of a surety bond, pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 9303(c) and 31 31 CFR part 225.
(b) The bond and accompanying documentation must be submitted to the Commission within the time specified in the Commission notice, order, determination, or opinion requiring the posting of a bond, or within such other time as the Commission may order. If the bond is not submitted within the specified period (and an extension of time has not been granted), temporary relief will not be issued.
(c) The corporate or individual surety on a bond or the person posting a certified check, a bank draft, a post office money order, cash, a United States bond, a Treasury note, or other Government obligation in lieu of a surety bond must provide the following information on the face of the bond or in the instrument authorizing the Government to collect or sell the bond, certified check, bank draft, post office money order, cash, United States bond, Treasury note, or other Government obligation in response to a Commission order requiring forfeiture of the bond pursuant to § 210.70:
(1) The investigation caption and docket number;
(2) The names, addresses, and seals (if appropriate) of the principal, the surety, the obligee, as well as the “attorney in fact” and the registered process agent (if applicable) (see Customs Service regulations in 19 CFR part 113 and Treasury Department regulations in 31 CFR parts 223, 224, and 225);
(3) The terms and conditions of the bond obligation, including the reason the bond is being posted, the amount of the bond, the effective date and duration of the bond (as prescribed by the Commission order, notice, determination, or opinion requiring the complainant to post a bond); and
(d) Complainants who wish to post a certified check, a bank draft, a post office money order, cash, a United States bond, a Treasury note, or other Government obligation in lieu of a surety bond must notify the Commission in writing immediately upon receipt of the Commission document requiring the posting of a bond, and must contact the Secretary to make arrangements for Commission receipt, handling, management, and deposit of the certified check, bank draft, post office money order, cash, United States bond, Treasury note, or other Government obligation tendered in lieu of a surety bond, in accordance with 31 U.S.C. § 9303, 31 31 CFR parts 202, 206, and 225 and other governing Treasury regulations and circular(s). If required by the governing Treasury regulations and circular, a certified check, a bank draft, a post office money order, cash, a United States bond, a Treasury note, or other government obligation tendered in lieu of a surety bond may have to be collateralized. See, e.g., 31 CFR 202.6 and the appropriate Treasury Circular.
I, the undersigned, being duly sworn, depose and say that I am a citizen of the United States, and of full age and legally competent; that I am not a partner in any business of the principal on the bond or bonds on which I appear as surety; and that the information herein below furnished is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. This affidavit is made to induce the United States International Trade Commission to accept me as surety on the bond(s) filed or to be filed with the United States International Trade Commission pursuant to 19 CFR 210.68. I agree to notify the Commission of any transfer or change in any of the assets herein enumerated.
7. The following is a true representation of my assets, liabilities, and net worth and does not include any financial interest I have in the assets of the principal on the bond(s) on which I appear as surety.
|a. Fair value of solely owned real estate *|
|b. All mortgages or other encumbrances on the real estate included in Line a|
|c. Real estate equity (subtract Line b from Line a)|
|d. Fair value of all solely owned property other than real estate|
|e. Total of the amounts on Lines c and d|
|f. All other liabilities owing or incurred not included in Line b|
|g. Net worth (subtract Line f from Line e)|
*Do not include property exempt from execution and sale for any reason. Surety's interest in community property may be included if not so exempt.
Amount of assessed value of above real estate for taxation purposes:
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO BEFORE ME AS FOLLOWS:
1. Here describe the property by giving the number of the lot and square or block, and addition or subdivision, if in a city, and, if in the country, after showing state, county, and township, locate the property by metes and bounds, or by part of section, township, and range, so that it may be identified.
2. Here describe the property by name so that it can be identified - for example “Fifteen shares of the stock of the “National Metropolitan Bank, New York City,” or “Am. T. & T. s. f.5's 60.”
3. Here state what other bonds the affiant has already signed as surety, giving the name and address of the principal, the date, and the amount and character of the bond.