20 CFR 404.2114 - Services for which payment may be made.
(a) General. Payment may be made for VR services provided by a State VR agency in accordance with title I of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, or by an alternate participant under a negotiated plan, subject to the limitations and conditions in this subpart. VR services for which payment may be made under this subpart include only those services described in paragraph (b) of this section which are -
(1) Necessary to determine an individual's eligibility for VR services or the nature and scope of the services to be provided; or
(2) Provided by a State VR agency under an IWRP, or by an alternate participant under a similar document, but only if the services could reasonably be expected to motivate or assist the individual in returning to, or continuing in, SGA.
(b) Specific services. Payment may be made under this subpart only for the following VR services:
(1) An assessment for determining an individual's eligibility for VR services and vocational rehabilitation needs by qualified personnel, including, if appropriate, an assessment by personnel skilled in rehabilitation technology, and which includes determining -
(i) The nature and extent of the physical or mental impairment(s) and the resultant impact on the individual's employability;
(ii) The likelihood that an individual will benefit from vocational rehabilitation services in terms of employability; and
(iii) An employment goal consistent with the capacities of the individual and employment opportunities;
(2) Counseling and guidance, including personal adjustment counseling, and those referrals and other services necessary to help an individual secure needed services from other agencies;
(3) Physical and mental restoration services necessary to correct or substantially modify a physical or mental condition which is stable or slowly progressive and which constitutes an impediment to suitable employment at or above the SGA level;
(4) Vocational and other training services, including personal and vocational adjustment, books, tools, and other training materials, except that training or training services in institutions of higher education will be covered under this section only if maximum efforts have been made by the State VR agency or alternate participant to secure grant assistance in whole or in part from other sources;
(5) Maintenance expenses that are extra living expenses over and above the individual's normal living expenses and that are incurred solely because of and while the individual is participating in the VR program and that are necessary in order for the individual to benefit from other necessary VR services;
(6) Travel and related expenses necessary to transport an individual for purpose of enabling the individual's participation in other necessary VR services;
(7) Services to family members of a disabled individual only if necessary to the successful vocational rehabilitation of that individual;
(8) Interpreter services and note-taking services for an individual who is deaf and tactile interpreting for an individual who is deaf and blind;
(9) Reader services, rehabilitation teaching services, note-taking services, and orientation and mobility services for an individual who is blind;
(10) Telecommunications, sensory, and other technological aids and devices;
(11) Work-related placement services to secure suitable employment;
(12) Post-employment services necessary to maintain, regain or advance into suitable employment at or above the SGA level;
(13) Occupational licenses, tools, equipment, initial stocks, and supplies;
(14) Rehabilitation technology services; and
(15) Other goods and services that can reasonably be expected to motivate or assist the individual in returning to, or continuing in, SGA.
Title 20 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 20 CFR Part 404 after this date.