20 CFR Subpart D - Medical and Related Benefits
Emergency Medical Care (§§ 10.300 - 10.304)
- § 10.300 What are the basic rules for authorizing emergency medical care?
- § 10.301 May the physician designated on Form CA-16 refer the employee to another medical specialist or medical facility?
- § 10.302 Should the employer authorize medical care if he or she doubts that the injury occurred, or that it is work-related?
- § 10.303 Should the employer use a Form CA-16 to authorize medical testing when an employee is exposed to a workplace hazard just once?
- § 10.304 Are there any exceptions to these procedures for obtaining medical care?
Medical Treatment and Related Issues (§§ 10.310 - 10.316)
- § 10.310 What are the basic rules for obtaining medical care?
- § 10.311 What are the special rules for the services of chiropractors?
- § 10.312 What are the special rules for the services of clinical psychologists?
- § 10.313 Will OWCP pay for preventive treatment?
- § 10.314 Will OWCP pay for the services of an attendant?
- § 10.315 Will OWCP pay for transportation to obtain medical treatment?
- § 10.316 After selecting a treating physician, may an employee choose to be treated by another physician instead?
Directed Medical Examinations (§§ 10.320 - 10.324)
- § 10.320 Can OWCP require an employee to be examined by another physician?
- § 10.321 What happens if the opinion of the physician selected by OWCP differs from the opinion of the physician selected by the employee?
- § 10.322 Who pays for second opinion and referee examinations?
- § 10.323 What are the penalties for failing to report for or obstructing a second opinion or referee examination?
- § 10.324 May an employer require an employee to undergo a physical examination in connection with a work-related injury?
Medical Reports (§§ 10.330 - 10.333)
- § 10.330 What are the requirements for medical reports?
- § 10.331 How and when should the medical report be submitted?
- § 10.332 What additional medical information will OWCP require to support continuing payment of benefits?
- § 10.333 What additional medical information will OWCP require to support a claim for a schedule award?