20 CFR Subpart E - Compensation and Related Benefits
Compensation for Disability and Impairment (§§ 10.400 - 10.406)
- § 10.400 What is total disability?
- § 10.401 When and how is compensation for total disability paid?
- § 10.402 What is partial disability?
- § 10.403 When and how is compensation for partial disability paid?
- § 10.404 When and how is compensation for a schedule impairment paid?
- § 10.405 Who is considered a dependent in a claim based on disability or impairment?
- § 10.406 What are the maximum and minimum rates of compensation in disability cases?
Compensation for Death (§§ 10.410 - 10.417)
- § 10.410 Who is entitled to compensation in case of death, and what are the rates of compensation payable in death cases?
- § 10.411 What are the maximum and minimum rates of compensation in death cases?
- § 10.412 Will OWCP pay the costs of burial and transportation of the remains?
- § 10.413 May a schedule award be paid after an employee's death?
- § 10.414 What reports of dependents are needed in death cases?
- § 10.415 What must a beneficiary do if the number of beneficiaries decreases?
- § 10.416 How does a change in the number of beneficiaries affect the amount of compensation paid to the other beneficiaries?
- § 10.417 What reports are needed when compensation payments continue for children over age 18?
Adjustments to Compensation (§§ 10.420 - 10.425)
- § 10.420 How are cost-of-living adjustments applied?
- § 10.421 May a beneficiary receive other kinds of payments from the Federal Government concurrently with compensation?
- § 10.422 May compensation payments be issued in a lump sum?
- § 10.423 May compensation payments be assigned to, or attached by, creditors?
- § 10.424 May someone other than the beneficiary be designated to receive compensation payments?
- § 10.425 May compensation be claimed for periods of restorable leave?
Overpayments (§§ 10.430 - 10.441)
- § 10.430 How does OWCP notify an individual of a payment made?
- § 10.431 What does OWCP do when an overpayment is identified?
- § 10.432 How can an individual present evidence to OWCP in response to a preliminary notice of an overpayment?
- § 10.433 Under what circumstances can OWCP waive recovery of an overpayment?
- § 10.434 If OWCP finds that the recipient of an overpayment was not at fault, what criteria are used to decide whether to waive recovery of it?
- § 10.435 Is an individual responsible for an overpayment that resulted from an error made by OWCP or another Government agency?
- § 10.436 Under what circumstances would recovery of an overpayment defeat the purpose of the FECA?
- § 10.437 Under what circumstances would recovery of an overpayment be against equity and good conscience?
- § 10.438 Can OWCP require the individual who received the overpayment to submit additional financial information?
- § 10.439 What is addressed at a pre-recoupment hearing?
- § 10.440 How does OWCP communicate its final decision concerning recovery of an overpayment, and what appeal right accompanies it?
- § 10.441 How are overpayments collected?